Snarky Brides

WW

Yeah, I went over there  today (wedding wire). NO this is not supposed to be invasion material. Itwas more a fun walk down memory lane about how BSC this board used to be. I have spent the last hour over there playing. That place be crazy.

Any one else visit other wedding forums besides TK?

Re: WW

• oooh it is funny when you run into posters from here over there... like seeing your teacher during summer at the supermarket!

I spy 2dbride.
  • I've never actually been there. Time for a visit.
  • Oh, I thought this was about Weight Watchers.  I was about to be excited and all spokesmansy.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ww?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6204476a-0850-4e87-9b9a-59bdd155e650Post:fb567ad1-482b-4bfb-aec7-fc65d3e202b9">Re: WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I thought this was about Weight Watchers.  I was about to be excited and all spokesmansy.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I thought that after I typed the title. Or, wedding woes.
  • Ugh. Yeah, that was short lived.
  • It doesn't look like there is any organization over there. I signed up for it a while ago but it was too disorderly.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • "The spotlight's on Princess and Prince for their Premiere as Mr. and Mrs. "
    Show up dressed to the nines for a party that will rival Hollywood's biggest bash "

Gag me.

I don't like the way the site is set up, too jumbled for me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ww?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6204476a-0850-4e87-9b9a-59bdd155e650Post:8f767be8-006b-4423-b21f-589498ce67d0">Re: WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]It doesn't look like there is any organization over there. I signed up for it a while ago but it was too disorderly.
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

Yeah even the formatting hurts my head.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ww?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6204476a-0850-4e87-9b9a-59bdd155e650Post:deb966da-254c-4c28-8734-4c6f402d0477">Re: WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]"The spotlight's on Princess and Prince for their Premiere as Mr. and Mrs. " Show up dressed to the nines for a party that will rival Hollywood's biggest bash " Gag me. I don't like the way the site is set up, too jumbled for me.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

That one and the girl asking about wearing Jelly shoes for the wedding. I couldn't get past the headline to actually read the post.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ww?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6204476a-0850-4e87-9b9a-59bdd155e650Post:c9704a75-b432-45ff-829d-4a534cceacc8">Re: WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have trouble thinking well of a forum that allows vendors to post
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

I agree. Apart from the normal annoyance of people trying to always make a penny, I honestly could see this really hurting some troubled brides. You know, "help I just want to have a small, modest wedding!" answered with, "no you HAVE to have the day of your life. Click here to see what brides in your area are paying for."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ww?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6204476a-0850-4e87-9b9a-59bdd155e650Post:fb567ad1-482b-4bfb-aec7-fc65d3e202b9">Re: WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Oh, I thought this was about Weight Watchers.</strong>  I was about to be excited and all spokesmansy.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Me too!  And I was all excited because I just started it again over the weekend. 
  • I thought it was about Weight Watchers too.  That, or whole wheat something.

I've done a bit of reading on a Canadian bridal forum, but it was short lived.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I signed up for wedding wire at some point, because I get emails from them, but I haven't actually looked around.  I don't cheat on my hos ;)
  • My worst nightmare:
    "In Canada, it is customary to have a free open bar if you are having a Stag N Doe, typically the money made at the Stag N Doe is used to pay for the bar for the wedding.
    We were considering having a Stag, however with all of our guests being from out of town, we chose to not have one.
    We are paying for our wedding ourselves and adding another4000.00 dollars for a bar tab just wasn't in our plans. Cash bar it is , and everyone knows that, it will also be on our invitations."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ww?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6204476a-0850-4e87-9b9a-59bdd155e650Post:e8e6d65a-6daf-4478-b241-d76950ecec8a">Re: WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]My worst nightmare: "In Canada, it is customary to have a free open bar if you are having a Stag N Doe, typically the money made at the Stag N Doe is used to pay for the bar for the wedding. We were considering having a Stag, however with all of our guests being from out of town, we chose to not have one. We are paying for our wedding ourselves and adding another4000.00 dollars for a bar tab just wasn't in our plans. Cash bar it is , and everyone knows that, it will also be on our invitations."
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about this until my friend looked at me like I was insane when I said I didn't want to do a cash bar if I could avoid it. Or wth a Stag 'n' Doe was.
  • Yeah, Stag 'n' Doe's typically are cash grabs with tickets for entry, a portion of alcohol sales going to the bride and groom, "raffles", and other games designed by the wedding party to collect money for the couple.  Everyone in the town is invited, regardless of whether or not they are invited to the wedding.  It breaks pretty much all the rules of wedding etiquette.

If it's a good friend I don't mind going, because they typically are fun parties, but I would not be comfortable having one.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ww?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6204476a-0850-4e87-9b9a-59bdd155e650Post:51cff7e6-7106-4995-ab20-90116b3e6a75">Re: WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, Stag 'n' Doe's typically are cash grabs with tickets for entry, a portion of alcohol sales going to the bride and groom, "raffles", and other games designed by the wedding party to collect money for the couple.  Everyone in the town is invited, regardless of whether or not they are invited to the wedding.  It breaks pretty much all the rules of wedding etiquette. If it's a good friend I don't mind going, because they typically are fun parties, but I would not be comfortable having one.
    Posted by rjtutter[/QUOTE]

Your kitty and BeatlesGirl's kitty should be friends.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards