Military Brides

Army ROTC?

My FI is Army ROTC and is being sent to LDAC in July. I know he won't be able to talk on the phone/internet while he's there, but can I send packages? According to him we will be able to write letters, but is that it?

This above all things- To thine ownself be true
image.
Aggie Class of 2011! WHOOP!

Re: Army ROTC?

• edited December 2011
    When my DH went to LDAC I was able to send him care packages. There were "banned" items.

BFP 02/2010 m/c 03/17/2010 dx PCOS 04/2010
    BFP 08/13/2011 CP 08/15/2011
    BFP 09/16/2011 EDD 05/20/2012
    Claire Elizabeth, born 5/30 via a med free birth Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • txaggielady11txaggielady11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awesome.. I assume they told him the banned items when he got there?

image.
  • AggieGirl2009AggieGirl2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I graduated and commissioned from TAMU, and I don't know who you or your FI is, but I know all of the MS IIIs, so I've definitely met him, whoever he is.

Send letters constantly.  Cadets love letters, they love getting their name called at mail call.  Period!  Send them as soon as you know his Company/Platoon - make sure he calls you as soon as he gets to Ft. Lewis to tell you!  I wrote my DH EVERY DAY while I was at LDAC, even if it was only a few sentences, and I sent out 7 short "letters" in one envelope.  I only called home once after they took our cell phones away (on day 2, the night before the PT test), and we were ALL on them constantly when we got them back (day 27  or 28)

If you send two dozen homemade cookies, your FI will be "the man" for the day.  All food has to be eaten immediately, the cadets cannot bring it inside.  We used to stay in the old barracks on North Fort, and the reaon for this rule was that the HUGE racoons would come in the barracks (they were NOT afraid of people!) but they tore the old barracks down in 2009 so the rules might be slightly changed.  Either send enough snacks for just him and a buddy, or his squad, or send enough cookies for 30 guys and gals.  Flat rate boxes are your friend.

Most importantly, keep reminding him that he will do awesome!  He has probably been angry about how he has an FTX almost every month and how much they suck, but Captain H. and the rest of the cadre have trained him well and all the TAMU cadets do awesome at LDAC.

• txaggielady11txaggielady11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds great! Thanks all!

AggieGirl2009- YGPM
    image.
  • forrma7forrma7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi there!
    me and my FI are actually going to LDAC this summer too!

we're actually writing 29 letters beforehand, and sending each other with a packet of letters - one to open every day.
    It's nice because we're both going to be very busy and to have something to read every day should be really great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards