Canada-Alberta
Options

Calgary Ceremony Locations

Hello fellow brides to be!  We are aiming for November 2010 which sounds like lots of time to plan but we'll probably find it comes awfully quick.

We are haivng a very small event, 25-30 in all.  We will likely have the reception at a restaurant and have narrowed it down to two.  I don't want to jinx anything by posting names until we've actually been to both and booked.

What we are having a struggle with is a location for the actual ceremony.  We would like to be downtown so we could do photos and then go right to the recpetion.  One thought was the observation deck at the Calgary Tower but I can't get an answer out of them as to whether this is allowed or not.  Anyone know of anyone else doing their ceremony there?  The other thought is The Devonian Gardens but it won't reopen until the summer so I'm not sure if they are taking bookings for fall yet.

Anyone with any ideas for unique ceremony locations in Calgary?

Re: Calgary Ceremony Locations

• Options
    edited December 2011

How about the Lougheed House http://www.lougheedhouse.com/
    It's beautiful - not quite downtown, but not far - just on 13th Ave.  Maybe it would be possible to do the ceremony at an art gallery (Art Central?) or something similar, especially with a small group.

• Options
    islandgirl88islandgirl88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Lougheed House is really beautiful. There is also the Deane House in Inglewood, and Fort Calgary in Inglewood.... so neither one is very far from downtown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Art Gallery of Calgary on 8th Ave DT. Would recommend it! its unique, different and would accommodate your small wedding size.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Palliser has the Canadian Pacific Room that bridges Macleod Tr. S (or close). That would be super unique. Also the old theatres on 8th (Stephen) West as well as the uptown in Kensington are quaint and unique and wedding friendly. Not sure about the ceremony, but friends of mine just had their small wedding at Hotel Arts and LOVED it, as did everybody else. City 311 might be able to let you know more about the Devonian gardens. Another alternative there is the Dorothy Harive (enmax) Conservatory gardens at the Calgary zoo. It's not too far from downtown and I've seen gorgeous ceremonies there year round. It's newly renovated too and just beautiful (also outdoor gardens for photos!)

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the lougheed house ir really nice for a smaller wedding.  I went to a wedding there once, food was really good too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards