Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Poll: Should the Flower Girl Dress Match the Brides?

I have a diamond white dress, should the flower girl's dress be white, ivory, other?

Re: Poll: Should the Flower Girl Dress Match the Brides?

• Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it really matters honestly.  Maybe ask the mom if she has a preference?  My only thought is ivory might hide dirt/stains better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't vote because you didn't have a spot for other. I'm a fan of having the flower girl wear the same colors as the the bridesmaids. Mini brides creep me out. If it's a colored dress she's a lot more likely to wear it again for another occassion like Easter or church. Just my two cents.
    August 6, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Autumn, thanks for the input.  Our colors are black and white, I'm quite positive a two year old in a black dress may be a no-no, but found a cute one with fushia and black detail on white... unfortunately I don't think it's formal enough.

Thank you to all for your input!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're doing black and white I think any of these styles would be really cute. A few are even mostly white to go with your style.

This is my favorite
    http://www.papermichelle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/black-and-white-flower-girl-dress-from-beaneandco1.jpg

And the back
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/wedding_prod/photos/b97cbfd837a9c8b9e629a04f565f9fa2_m

This looks really classic and elegant to me
    http://www.girlsdressline.com/images/product/zoom/B131BK.jpg

I think this would work well for an evening wedding
    http://www.pegeen.com/Images/CUSTOM-DRESSES/398-black-white.jpg

They don't scream wedding to me either, which in my book is a plus. I like things that are versatile. Different styles for different people though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think it matters...my FG dresses are similar to the brides maids with the opposite coloring. I have a sash on my dress and the color of my sash will be the color of the FG's dresses..and their sash will be the color of the BM dresses and the BM dresses sash will be the color of my sash...did that make sense?? lol We all tie in together!

I have seen it every which way and they are TOO cute no matter what they are wearing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE the first one Autumn so cute..and black can look pretty on a little girl...in fact her mother could reuse it like any other dress... and hey its black..might not show stains as easily..lol
  • Options
    tarmar81tarmar81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I struggled with this.  I had a diamond white gown and ended up picking an ivory flower girl dress with a tulle overlay filled with red rose petals.  It also had a red sash.  The "ivory" of the FG's dress matched my diamond white gown perfectly.  Ivories are so hard to match though, so you just have to see a swatch and compare.   Some are way too yellow, and in those cases, white is the better option, but a very soft ivory usually looks best with diamond white.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree with autumn about not having the flower girls look like mini brides .  My flower girls are wearing yellow (Easter) dresses, which is an accent color (my main colors are purple & silver).  While the dresses are not formal, they are very pretty & cute, and are formal enough for Easter. 

Do you have an accent color to go with the black & white? 

Lesley and Casey I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife. ~Author Unknown
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Autumn,  LOVE LOVE LOVE those pics!!!  Too cute, Thank you soooo much for helping me branch out on this one!!!

Definately versatile!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are absolutely welcome! I think they are really cute too. I think I have more fun finding things for other people than my own wedding, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My flower girl is wearing the same colors as my bridesmaids (Navy blue with an Ivory sash--hooray for military weddings!)
    To make it look younger, however (since my Jr. Maid of Honor is only 8 and our flower girl is 3 and a half) we're doing a bow rather than a sash on their dresses

Also, that particular color looks much nicer on them than a white or ivory would
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards