Pennsylvania

Reception rec's please

We are not from the area (curently live in upstate NY) so i've been researching blindly for the Poconos area (family near East Stroudsburg) and could really use some help please!   

We are looking for rec's for reception & wedding ceremony venues under $100/pp.

Not excluded to a ballroom only reception site, we're very open to new ideas/places. 
Thanks!Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception rec's please

• edited December 2011
    I honestly can't rave enough about Ehrhardt's Waterfront Resort in Hawley, PA (The Poconos).  They were AMAZING to work with, have great food, wonderful staff, all inclusive, great facilities, and were very well priced.  I can't recommend them enough!
  • Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks,  i just checked it out  but it required min. of 140 guests... i am Italian and have a HUGE family(my mom has 22 first cousins and each of them have at least 2 kids, if not 4) but i'd rather find a way to limit some people , have a smaller wedding so we can use the money for a down payment on a house.

Definitely under 100 guests is what were aiming for unfortunately.  Although when it comes time, i'm sure it'll grow some.

Do you know of any great reviews of places that can do smaller weddings (maybe 70-80) and for under $100/pp?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had less -- we just payed for 140.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a nice wedding at Stroudsmoor - and it was smaller - but you aren't the only wedding at the venue.  If you're ok with that, then go for it.  It was really nice (as a guest).
  • emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely Silver Creek Country Club in Hellertown. It's a private CC but they allow the public to hold events there. The space is beautiful and the staff is amazing!!!! We loved that they only have 1 event a day, so you have the entire place to yourself, plus our guests were from out of town and there was a hotel about 3/4 mile away with great rates and gave us transportation to and from the Club all night for our guests. We got married there in October 2009. If you send me your email address (I'm emoran24@yahoo.com) I'd be happy to send you pictures. Silver Creek holds a max of 165 so it's a way of limiting your guest list and there are no mininums for anything.

Their website is www.silvercreekcountryclub.com

II did looked at Bear Creek (beautiful space but the rooms are expensive and they have a mininum fee per room), Hotel Bethlehem (nice but we weren't sure we wanted a Hotel Wedding), The Club at Morgan Hill (amazing views, but we wanted to book a place ASAP and they only do outdoor weddings and the tent wasn't up for us to see), Candlelight Reception and Conference Center (not a fan of it. your cocktail hour is in the same room as your reception.)

Hope this helps. Good Luck with your planning!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!

you said the max at silver creek is 165.. do you know if they'd do about 70-80 guests or is that too little?

Do you remember the rates from then?

my email is ledesm07@yahoo.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gwouldbmegwouldbme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Ehrhardt's- but if I didn't choose that venue I totatally would have gone for the Shawnee Inn- it is beautiful!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gwouldbeme- The Shawnee Inn is one of the places we've really been considering, but I havent heard any reviews either way about it so i wasn't sure if we should look into it further or not.

hence me here :)  Have you heard anything about it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gwouldbmegwouldbme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went and visited them, the woman who works there is really nice.  It seems like they would be really acommodating as far as menu goes.  THe place is seriously breath-taking.  The negatives are that they charge for facilities use (eg for using the porch for a cocktail hour) and they have a two night minimum for their rooms.  However it is worth a visit if you have the time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards