Michigan-Detroit

Back from Honeymoon.........

Sheesh, I was having Knot withdrawal.

We had an amazing 14 days in California, flew into San Fran, 4 nights there, then drove south down the coast in a convertible to Coronado Bay near San Diego, flew home yesterday.

Too much to recount, honestly, The most exciting part was going to the Tiger's game in Oakland........sadly, we went Thursday, the night they *could* have clinched, but they did it the next night and we were not there. However, we did stay at the same hotel as the team and I got autographs from Miguel Cabrera, Brandon Inge, Jose Valverde, a few others, LOL. Got to talk to Jim Leyland in the lobby and he's so NICE! They all were nice, but I have a special place in my heart for him because he's so in love with the city and the fans. Also got to talk to Dave Dombrowski, we told him we are lifelong fans and thanked him for doing so much to get the team where they are now.

If anyone wants hotel recs for coastal hotels in California, just let us know. We are experts now, LOL. Smile

If you want to see any of the pics, we put them up pretty much daily on Kevin's FB page, which is public, link here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1133862604

Re: Back from Honeymoon.........

• Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sue, sounds great! I'm so jealous; I've been wanting to drive down the PCH. Also, my FI would be super jealous as he has a thing with seeing all the MLB ballparks and Oakland is still on the "unseen" list! And you got to meet the players! And Leyland!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

It sounds like you had an amazing trip.  I think it's awesome that you were able to meet some of the Tigers and talk to them. 

• Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great!  I'm sooooo jealous that you got to meet Inge!

Last game we went to Victor Martinez was in his car (tricked out Camaro!) behind us leaving the parking garage.  I had to keep myself from jumping out and running over to him.    
  • edited December 2011
    I'm soooo happy you had such a wonderful time, Sue! But I'm really excited that you're back, too lol
  • edited December 2011
    It sounds like a lovely trip!  Welcome back!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome back!  It sounds like you had an amazing honeymoon, you deserve it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    HOW COOL! I am very jealous lol
    June 16, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    That is such a cool memory from your honeymoon!  Who ever gets to meet an entire MLB team on their honeymoon!!?!?!?!  Crazy!  Well congrats, that is awesome.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards