Chit Chat
Options

Helllppp what To put on invitations

I been married for 9 years to my high school sweet heart by civil only (court) we have two kids and been together for 12 years ...we will be 10 years married in August and we want finally decide to do our church wedding but I don't know how to do the invitations since we already married what should we put ...?????

Re: Helllppp what To put on invitations

• Options
    It's not a wedding it is a vow renewal. You could put something like "Bride & Groom request the honor of your presence as we renew our wedding vows before god."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You aren't getting married. You were already married at the court. Since this is a ceremony purely for religious reasons, it's a renewal of vows. (I assume you are doing so for religious reasons and not because "church wedding" gives you an excuse to wear a wedding dress, have attendants, etc.)

You can still send invitations, but don't use the wedding invitation wording. My aunt and uncle renewed their vows on their 40th anniversary and sent nice, formal invitations for the church ceremony with a dinner party afterward. They wore a nice dress and suit, and we had dinner and dancing. They didn't cut a cake or anything like that since they were already married.

Congratulations on 10 years! :)
  • Options
    Check out http://www.idotaketwo.com for some ideas, products, and such.
  • Options
    Either call it a vow renewal or call it a church blessing in honor of your 10 year anniversary.  

You would word it like any other formal party invitation "Wife and Husband invite you to witness as they renew their vows (bless their union) on the tenth anniversary of their wedding..."  
  • Options
    ditto Mynameisnot.

I want to also say I would forgo a big poofy dress and WP (except if they were your children). I would say a white gown is fine, but I would not make it with a big train and lots of poof. 

I do not have a problem with a cake cutting or dance.  Most parties have cake and more often than not the guest(s) of honor cuts said cake in a ceremonial way. 

I don't have a problem with a dance either.  I would not call it the 'first dance'.  But a dance with just the 2 of you would not bother me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    Sorry ladies but this is NOT a vow renewal as far as the Catholic Church is concerned so you can drop the "reaffirming" right there.

OP, Covalidations are ususall smaller affairs, family and the closest friends.  No bridal party but a simple white gown is considered correct.  Any type of party you care to have for your 10 anniversary is fine, including dancing and cake.  Just don't get too elaborate.

Congratulations!

ETA:  The Cathollic Church does not acknowlege their first marriage, legal as it may be.
  • Options
    Since you're not having your religious ceremony until the end of January 2014, and the invitations go out 8 weeks ahead, you have a little over a year before you have to fret about wording your invitations.
  • Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re:Helllppp what To put on invitations:Did I miss something? Where did the OP say this was a Catholic covalidation? Posted by CMGr I wondered the same thing. If she's Catholic, then I agree it's a covalidation. I'm also ok with cake. I just meant my aunt and uncle didn't have a tiered wedding cake. They did have a lovely sheet cake that they cut into with the same knife they used at their wedding. : I would NEVER be against cake in general. ;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards