Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Makeup for a Sweaty Day

Our wedding is on Sunday and the forecast is showing like 85 plus degrees. I knew July would be hot, but EWW! I'm hoping you guys have some good makeup recs. Normally I wear Maybelline Matte Mousse with a little powder on top, and have to touch up (because of shine) halfway through my day. Not bad. But there's gotta be something that feels lighter, looks natural and doesn't sweat off.

Also, maybe TMI, but I sometimes sweat really bad on my upper lip area, and then around my nose. Any ideas for how to deal with that? We'll be outside basically all day, and I'm worried about the little beads that always show up on my lip...
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Makeup for a Sweaty Day

• graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Revlon ColorStay. That's what I'll be wearing for my hot July wedding. I get the oily/combination skin formula and it stays matte really well. I finish it with ColorStay powder and Tarte's Smooth Operator powder. I've tried expensive foundations and did a ton of makeup research before getting ColorStay and it is great stuff!

For the beads, I might get some blotting paper. I picked some up at Target for $1. You could have a BM or your PA hold onto it and give you a sheet when you start to glisten. 
    Photobucket
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is amazing. I still use powder with it, but it really helps cut down the shine. Also, I really like Clean and Clear blotting papers. They work really well, and I like that they don't have any powder on them, so it doesn't do anything to your makeup.
  • nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have the time, I would recommend having a consult done at Bobbi Brown. I went to the one at Macy's Southdale and they were amazing. Very knowledgeable and NO PRESSURE to buy any of their products. Didn't cost a thing. I was very impressed. I'm sure they could give you some tips.
  • edited December 2011
    this sounds super weird but I am going to throw it out there anyway. When I was in HS I was a swimmer and something in the pool would react with many girls' sweat glands and make you sweat even when you were cold. We used the antiperspirant called "Certain Dry." Keeps you drier than a desert. I also have the sweaty lip issue and tried a dab on my upper lip (just a little bit, and you have to do it over night). It worked for me really well...kind of itches. I know it isn't for faces so I would recommend trying it out in advance incase you react to it or something...just a thought, could be worth a try. Sorry that was long, but maybe that'll work underneath your makeup :)
  • Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to my make up trial last night and she talked me into trying the airbrush makeup....it is water proof. IMy wedding is outside. I was honestly hesitant at first becuase i hate stuff on my face and thought it would look weird. It looked great and works great we dont have AC at myhouse so I got to test it out in humidity and hotness and it didnt remove or rub off on my tank. Highly reccomend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards