Florida-West Coast
Options

Where did you get your dress?

I am ready to go dress shopping! I am in South Tampa and thinking of a couple of places. My mom and dad are paying and would like to keep the dress under $1000.
Where did you go and would you go back? Please let me know.

Re: Where did you get your dress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Alfred Angelo and worked with Nikki and she was great! She understood what I wanted and needed and although they offer all price ranges didn't balk at my $1,000 budget! I got exactly what I wanted for less than $800.
  • Options
    mego36mego36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help bc I'm in NY, but I got my dres at Kleinfelds.
    TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at CC's Boutique in St. Petersburg. Great experience and friendly staff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not in South Tampa but I went to Loretta's Bridal iN Naples.  They ahd a wide range of dresses and made me feel so comfortable.  They had me fill in a questionnaire with what I was looking for and what my budget was and they pulled looks based on that.  I can't say enough good things about them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    jtritchjtritch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jon's Bridal - never thought I would find "the" dress there, but I did. 

Good luck!

• Options
    raibenraiben member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Went to Jon's Bridal - My sister, cousin and myself found our dresses there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Jon's Bridal in Tampa as well.  Their selection was great and they treated me like a queen the day of.  I found an amazing dress.  However, once they had my money all that changed.  Their "customer service" was less than impressive after the credit card was swiped.  I would only suggest it if you're planning to buy off the rack and take it elsewhere for alterations.  Otherwise, beware.  GL!  
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

David's Bridal - total budget bride less than 400 for the dress- I love a bargain and it's exctly what I wanted.

• Options
    ajk25ajk25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CC's boutique! Very friendly & nice! Know their dresses very welll!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal - never thought I would find it there, but I did and a great price too ($575)!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in DC but I checked out some designers in bridal magazines that I really liked and then stalked their trunk shows.  I ended up getting my Demetrios dress for 20% off!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I go mine from JCrew. But if you are wanting to actually go to a store, I liked The Dressing Room in St Pete is smaller but she had some pretty dresses under $1000.
  • Options
    NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emelina's. I got my dress for $900 and that includes the cost of alternations with the gown. My dress has come in and the got the length of the dress perfect since I ordered it hollow to hem. So far the service has been wonderful.
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • Options
    TimsGirl10TimsGirl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from David's too!  Exactly what I wanted and since I'm on a tight budget, it was exactly the price I wanted too (less than $300- was being discontinued in the store).

My FSIL went to Alfred Angelo and had a great experience there too- and a friend swore by Jon's! 
    Photobucket March 2011 September Siggy Challenge FAVORITE MOVIE BIO updated 8/15 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    missy1954missy1954 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jon's Bridal. It was important for me to try on dresses in my own size and Jons had a huge selection in my size. Price was great and so was the service.
  • Options
    JustD16JustD16 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Cindy:  I went to Alfred Angelo and worked with Nikki as well...she's the best!!!
    "Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other." Rilke.
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you for all the suggestions!
    I am going to Alfred Angelo on Monday. So excited.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards