Outdoor Weddings

Music for outdoor ceremony on a budget

There are several boards I could post this - budget, ceremony ideas, DIY, or the board I am posting it - outdoor weddings.  I am getting married September 22, 2012 outdoors, my grandma's backyard to be percise and I am stumped on what music to play - unsure if I want to go traditional or modern - our wedding is somewhere in between.  And once I decide on the music, I have no idea how to play it.  We do not want musicians nor can we afford it nor would be there room in my grandma's backyard.  Any ideas or examples of what you did are appreciated.

Re: Music for outdoor ceremony on a budget

• I you don't want musicians, your only possible option is to play recorded music. Just figure out how loud you will need it and find a suitable sound system/speakers. Make an iPod or computer playlist and use that. We had a string trio play for our ceremony. They didn't take up much space.
  •   I don't know if this is a rude questiosn on not, but what is the cost for a live string trio?
  • You could look into music from either the Piano Tribute Players or the Vitamin String Quartet; I listen to it on spotify but I'm pretty sure they have mp3's or cds out there. Both groups do either piano or string renditions of popular songs all the way back to the early 2000's I believe. It can be hit or miss depending on which songs you want, but you should be able to find something you like and recognize; there's Coldplay, Adele, Taylor Swift, Queen, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, etc.

Hope this helps.
  • We had a talented friend play his guitar.  We bought this sheet music: http://www.acousticwedding.com/

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re:Music for outdoor ceremony on a budget:[QUOTE]nbsp; I don't know if this is a rude questiosn on not, but what is the cost for a live string trio? Posted by jsswalden[/QUOTE]

It depends on your area and the band. We paid around 600 for a professional band, but a cost effective thing to do is get students from a music school.
  • ipod/mp3 player, speakers, extension cord to the house or garage. Bam. Done.  If your budget allows, got to like walmart and get those outdoor patio speakers that look like rocks so they don't take away from the elegance of your ceremony.
    hey, thats not a half bad idea, I might use it myself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_music-for-outdoor-ceremony-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:e5e2a852-7fcf-41e3-822e-9bb9ad1e3097Post:2cf1594c-6d4a-408f-bceb-d02928517c37">Re: Music for outdoor ceremony on a budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I don't know if this is a rude questiosn on not, but what is the cost for a live string trio?
    Posted by jsswalden[/QUOTE]

You could hire professionals which would be quite spendy but if you want to go the budget route contact your local high schools or colleges for a couple of students that want to make some pocket money. I had attended a few business parties where it had been done and it was fine.
  • We're paying $100 for a bagpiper. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am making a playlist of the ceremony music and playing that. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Libra, are you using a laptop?  What kind of speaker system are you using?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards