Ohio-Cincinnati

can not find a store

My step-daughter is wanting a wedding dress with camo in it, if we google it in the images we can look at it but can not find a store that sells it. Would at least like to try it on, to make sure that is what she wants. Can anyone help?

Re: can not find a store

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_can-not-find-a-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:d50f492f-754d-470d-86ee-44d4738c69abPost:84909d62-ec95-4841-826e-7f565d537ece">can not find a store</a>:
    [QUOTE]My step-daughter is wanting a wedding dress with camo in it, if we google it in the images we can look at it but <strong><font color="#ff0000">can not find a store that sells it</font></strong>. Would at least like to try it on, to make sure that is what she wants. Can anyone help?
    Posted by mmgaskill[/QUOTE]

Perhaps that is a sign that a camo wedding dress is a very bad idea?
  • You read my mind. :)

Please, please, talk to your daughter about the decision to have camo anywhere on her dress. I would hate for her to regret something like this years down the road. If camo/hunting/whatever is a part of her life, then maybe she could work it into the design of her cake? Something else, anything but her dress.
    Anniversary
  • Not a big fan of the camo myself, but if she is really interested in doing this.  You could just go to a local store and try on dress types similar to the ones she thinks would look nice.  Even maybe bring in some camo fabric to hold up against the dress to give her an idea of what the camo would look like.  Then order the similar dress online.

Or buy a dress without camo and incorporate a camo sash, head piece, shoes, etc.
  • I'd suggest adding camo elsewhere - for example, what if her flowers were tied together with camo material? And camo heels (i'm sure they make them somewhere). At the most, i'd say find a camo "jacket" piece and leave the dress as is - so she can have some pics with or without, incase she regrets it in the future. Best of luck!
  • I say if that's what she wants then go for it. Have her try on normal dresses locally to get an idea of what the shape will look like and then order it online at a place with a good return policy. Order it to fit the largest part of her body and then get it altered locally. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards