Outdoor Weddings
Options

Farmer's Almanac

Does the Farmer's Almanac really work? Has anyone ever based their date off of it? We are getting married Oct. 12 2013. There ceremony is at an chapel outside. Reception is inside. BUT if it rains we can use the inside space. I do NOT want it to come to that because the inside will be crammed. Is it worth buying a Farmer's Almanac?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Farmer's Almanac

• Options

ive used it for various things.  i would see if there is an online version

• Options
    No.  It is not worth buying the farmer's almanac.  

No matter what day you have your wedding there will be some chance of rain, snow, sun, hail, tornado, hot, or cold.  Just be prepared for it.  

You can look at historical weather data on weather.com and weatherunderground.com.  That will tell you the average high and lo for a day too... and it's free.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Would you seriously change your date if it said rain?  And no matter what the Farmer's Almanac says, you can never guarantee the weather.  You have a backup indoor space.  Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    Yes! I got married on October 11, 2008, and my wedding was planned for outdoors with very limited indoor space, so I needed to know how risky it was. I had heard of the fame of the Farmer's Almanac and decided to check it out. I purchased the online version for a few bucks. It reported a gorgeous day, and we did have a gorgeous day! True, there is always the chance that is not accurate, but I think is trustworthy. Have an awesome October wedding!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_farmers-almanac-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:4e8903d8-eddb-49a8-91bc-bcb5bfae21c0Post:83ee8cd4-e775-4b39-ba2b-36da57a0827c">Farmer's Almanac</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does the Farmer's Almanac really work? Has anyone ever based their date off of it? We are getting married Oct. 12 2013. There ceremony is at an chapel outside. Reception is inside. BUT if it rains we can use the inside space. I do NOT want it to come to that because the inside will be crammed. Is it worth buying a Farmer's Almanac?
    Posted by TiffanyDevor[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    That is our wedding date too, and it is also an outdoor wedding! We will both have beautiful, perfect weather :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards