Florida-West Coast

Naples Ceremony & Nice Restaurant After?

Hello!  We're looking to have a ceremony outdoors in the Naples/ SW Florida area (35-45guests).  Can anyone suggest a beautiful spot?  I am trying to avoid the sites at resorts that force you to do the reception if you use their space for the ceremony...having a hard time finding this! 
Also, we would like to go to dinner after the ceremony - preferably a restaurant close by with good food.  Any suggestions?  (a restaurant overlooking the water would be even better if you can recommend any!) 

Any thoughts on www.floridaweddings.com?  Reliable or don't waste your time?

Thanks a bunch!! 

Re: Naples Ceremony & Nice Restaurant After?

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about floridaweddings.com but I think you could definitly find a few places.  Any of the beach areas are considered part of Collier Country Parks and Rec (check out their website www.colliergov.net) and they allow you to purchase permits to wed.  If you did something downtown on the beach there are several restaurants in the 5th ave/3rd street area that are absolutely lovely!  Most of the places on the water are more laid back florida style fish houses (not sure what your theme is but you can check out riverwalk).  Also there is a new complex on the corner of Airport and Goodlette that has condos and then at the bottom it has fine dining and shops, it is right on the bay. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • weslindaweslinda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great, Thanks for the info!  I am looking into it now :)
  • edited December 2011
    Another area to check out in Southwest FL is Sanibel. If you check out Sanibel Island Inn it is right near the beach and there are 2 restaurants in walking distance on the water: the Mucky Duck and the Green Flash. That area of Naples is very beautiful as well. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    whoops! I meant Captiva Island Inn!
  • sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also to add on for Sanibel, if you wed on the beach by the sanibel, captiva bridge, you do not have to pay for a permit.  It is free.  The Mucky Duck is Awesome!  There is also a family style Italian place that has a huge upstairs that could be set for a party of 30-45. Metazzluna (SP?)  the resturant beside them is also really good.  I cant remember it name though. 

Naples spots that are nice, check wiggins pass you can rent the gazebo near the water.  I do know that at the Hyatt it is in Bonita though, where I am getting married, they have an amazing resturant called Tarpon bay.  It is a fish resturant, but the food is AMAZING!  they can hold parties 30-45.  They also have a back patio, outside that they can hold that many people.  they also can do it on the bottom level of the resturant if you want something inside. 
    Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • weslindaweslinda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow!  Thanks so much, I'd be lost without your suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards