Honeymoon Discussions

Vegas honeymoon

Anyone planning to go to vegas for the honeymoon or anyone who has been for the honeymoon, what did you do and how was it for a honeymoon spot?

Thanks in advance
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vegas honeymoon

• DH & I love Vegas but it is exhausting.

Tons of walking, gambling, drinking, dancing, and staying up alllllll night.

We (and most of our friends our age...mid-late twenties) really only enjoy 2-3 nights there before we're worn out.

If you're into Vegas AND relaxing too...look into Mandalay Bay, though. It can be one of the more "relaxing" hotels due to it's location on the end of the strip and great pools.
  • i wouldn't have done it. i'm not a fan of vegas.

why are you thinking there?

• I love Vegas, and for a honeymoon I HIGHLY recommend the MGM signature. It's behind the MGM grand, so it's off the strip a little, but it feels miles away! There is NO gaming and NO smoking on site, so it's quiet and it's never been crowded the times I've been there. There is a private pool or you can use the MGM pool with a lazy river but it's more crowded. If you get a balcony suite, there is a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms you can watch tours of the rooms on YouTube. And if you get on the MGM email list, they'll send discount codes that can save you a ton. And I've had pretty good luck with the employees there, too. Sorry I sound like a psycho about this place, but I'm going for my 30th bday in a couple months and cannot wait to be back. Anyway, I think this place is a nice happy medium of Vegas excitement and quiet relaxation. And a super value to boot! Good luck with your honeymoon planning :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have to second the MGM Signature - my H and I went there for our honeymoon and loved it. the MGM pool complex is divine, we saw a ton of great shows like Cirque's "Love" which was our favorite, ate at delicious restaurants and did fun kitchy things like spend an evening in "Paris". It was the best. I felt like it struck a great balance between getting out and doing things and relaxing. 

Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the information. Vegas is perfect for us and I cant wait we live in CA so its not to far and in budget for us. Thank you for the hotel ideas I will be looking into that. We arent the lay around on the beach romantic type of people. Dont get me wrong we like that but we also love going out having drinks dancing and look forward to seeing some shows!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    We just got back from Vegas as part of our honeymoon.  We love Vegas, so we knew we wanted to incorporate it into our honeymoon, but not have it be the whole trip (we're usually good with just 3-4 nights)...as long as you've been before and know that you like it, go for it!

We went as the last leg of a larger trip (did a more "typical" honeymoony 5 nights in Cabo, then flew to LA and drove to Palm Springs for two nights, then on to Vegas), so we were sort of done with the whole romance aspect of things, and just wanted to have a good time.  We stayed at the Wynn, mostly because its always been out of budget before (and still was), but I knew the honeymoon might be the only time I could justify it, so we did :)

We spent an afternoon at the Hoover Dam, gambled, drank, shopped at the Caesar's mall, saw Zumanity (the "adult" cirque du soleil...we enjoyed it, but it's not the best Cirque I've seen, but again, thought it was fitting for a honeymoon).  Had a splurgey dinner at SW Steakhouse at Wynn on our last night--fabulous food, sort of a businessy crowd, not romantic.   We had a really fun night just drinking and people watching at Vesper bar in the lobby of the Cosmopolitan. 

If we hadn't already done a spa day in Cabo, we definitely would have gotten spa treatments while in Vegas, so maybe add that to your list. 

Have fun!!
  • Vegas is only busy from Thurs. through Saturday. Sunday maybe. I LOVE Vegas. You get a little bit of everything. They have shows or spa you can go to during the day, dancing at night. Dinners. Go for it.
  • We are going to Vegas for our honeymoon in July. I say to each their own. No one can tell you what is fun for you and your FI. Have fun!!
  • Love Vegas! I can suggest either LakeSide or SW at Wynn, the shows on the lake of dreams are really neat. Also their spa is beyond! For a romantic dinner the restaurant at the Eiffel Tower overlooking the Bellagio fountains would be a great pick; if you reserve ahead and ask for a table by the windows the Maïtre will accommodate you. The best lounge-y place for us on our last trip was the Dueling Pianos lounge at Encore. Best show was Cirque's Mystère. Vegas is packed with free entertainment too so grab a guide and have fun!! Oh, a website I can suggest for deals and show tickets is smartervegas.com. Subscribe to their unlisted promo codes newsletter to get the best deals.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_vegas-honeymoon-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:d05c803e-b5a1-48c1-aa75-aa96f8cc0e1dPost:163a3774-3c30-4a79-b712-c69e55283383">Re: Vegas honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to Vegas for our honeymoon in July. I say to each their own. No one can tell you what is fun for you and your FI. Have fun!!
    Posted by shaygray88[/QUOTE]

This. Don't judge. If that is up your alley go for it! can't believe how many people on here were so off put by the post. If you don't want to go on a Vegas honeymoon then don't go on one. That isn't my cup of tea for a honeymoon but I know a couple of people have done it and love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards