Second Weddings

Wedding Invitation Wording

My fiance and I are announcing our own wedding. I was curious how others listed their name on the invitation. I was thinking of using my first name, my maiden name, and my married name (my legal last name, from first husband). Or should I use my first name, middle name and current last name? For example: Leah Miller Thompson or Leah Anne Thompson (not my name, by the way). Which is more appropriate? Not sure that it makes a difference, but our parents' names will not be on the invitation as mine passed away many years ago. How did the rest of you do it?

Re: Wedding Invitation Wording

• mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the boards!!

Unfortunately, I never changed my maiden name for my first marriage, so I don't have that issue, but there are many other women on this board that should be able to assist you. You can also try the Etiquette boards for assistance.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure what proper etiquette is but I did first, middle, married name.  That is what I have used for almost 14 years so that's what everyone knows me as.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What retread said.  We however just used our first and middle names on our invitations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• edited December 2011

I used my first, maiden and married, instead of my first, middle and married as a way to show connection to my family.

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using first names only.  I think.  I'm about 95% sure.  Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards