November 2013 Weddings

Any checks guys!?

Hey all! Our board is so slow lately! What have all of you gotten done so far? Anything?

:)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress

Re: Any checks guys!?

• I have my wedding dress!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_any-checks-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:d8e9a575-4036-4716-aaf9-74e66ee426eePost:ab57dcf3-33d1-46e0-b94d-9ceb900bacd4">Re: Any checks guys!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have my wedding dress!
    Posted by TheBaney[/QUOTE]

<div>Nice... is yours strapless? I havent decided yet because it's going to be cold</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's actually a one shoulder dress. I'll be getting a fur stole thing for when we're outside.
  • edited March 2012
    We got the venue! It's amazing and has everything we want!! We weren't originally going to get it so soon but when we went in to talk to the coordinator, she said that all of 2012 had been booked and she was starting to get deposits for 2013! So we did it and are even getting married a week earlier than planned which is what we really like!

On top of that I have my dress, shoes, our rings and my band, hair and makeup, and we got our photographer and videographer.
  • YAY! Someone else as excited as I am! We have a venue, a photographer, and a DJ. Last night, I picked out my dress (but didn't put a deposit on it yet). What's your date?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked the church!  We also scheduled Pre-Cana (Catholic) so we're on our way there.
    We've looked at a number of reception venues and right now I think we have it narrowed down to 2, so we'll be choosing and booking that very soon.
    It's finally starting!!!
  • Our date is November 15. It was originally the 22nd but the venue wasn't available at that time. We've now set up a meeting with the prospective DJ and wedding coordinator next month!
  • We booked our reception venue!!!  :)  Now the details can begin.
  • We have our venue and just signed our photographer's contract this morning! 
  • Venue booked, church booked, DJ booked, and colors picked! I really need to look into a photographer but I've been putting it off. November 2 2013 can't come soon enough!

But it's nice to see other 11/2013 brides are already planning like me! Laughing
  • We booked our venue last night! SO excited to start planning!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_any-checks-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:d8e9a575-4036-4716-aaf9-74e66ee426eePost:1826054c-6198-4646-9428-d6bf6657eb32">Re: Any checks guys!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Venue booked, church booked, DJ booked, and colors picked! I really need to look into a photographer but I've been putting it off. November 2 2013 can't come soon enough! But it's nice to see other 11/2013 brides are already planning like me! 
    Posted by ekessler424[/QUOTE]

We are date buddies!  I have my dress picked but not purchased, a list of venues to look at (the wedding will be in New England, so its hard to plan from so far away) and ideas in mind for DJ/photographer etc.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We have the venue, I have my dress, we have the judge and the DJ. Off to a good start!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

• I'm getting kind of nervous that so many people already have their venues booked...I wasn't planning on even talking to the venue we want for a few months, yet...
  • alk0511alk0511 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    TheBaney -- Don't be stressed by other people's actions!  I think that most people book venues this far in advance just to safeguard themselves in the event dates fill up quickly.  Of course doing this has potential risks (change in ownership, venue closing, change in management, etc) - but I'd rather have this huuuge detail like this set in stone and out of the way!

FI and I booked ours the past April for November 2, 2013 because we fell in love with the venue and didn't want to risk waiting too long and not getting in there.  Of course, this wasn't booked without a few edits to their contract to make sure we are safeguarded, this far out in advance.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_any-checks-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:d8e9a575-4036-4716-aaf9-74e66ee426eePost:c953796e-0f6c-451a-85f1-345c9f2aa8e8">Re: Any checks guys!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel so behind... I thought I made progress because we narrowed down to two dates (11/2 or 11/9 - I prefer 11/2, but we'll see what's open). We also have colors picked out, and one officiant!
    Posted by smp87[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't feel behind!! We've all got plenty of time - phew! We're also down to about two dates, haven't officially booked anything yet but I'm planning from out of state and want to wait until I can travel and actually see the reception site before we book :)</div>
  • My venue is 'reserved' they don't book till 1 year in advance, but my name is in the books!!  

** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **
  • I feel kinda ahead of the game, my venue is booked, has been since december of last year. We did that before 2012 to get 2011 priceing. Hey even a few dollars a person saves money. We have already put down two deposits so I feel like we have so much less money to put out later. Our band is booked. Our photographer is booked. I ordered and paid for my dress. We have been looking at florist. But I really dont know who I want to use. My Church is booked, but they wont let us do Pre Cana yet. We have the deacon we want to marry us also. He is a family friend. I feel good about having things booked because it will give me time later to work on details and I feel better giving deposits and having less money to spend later. Yes I know its all the same amount of money but I'm not putting it all out at the same time and so close together.
  • My binder is complete now..I am checking out venues this month need one by next month...All my DIY porjects picked out and everything is picked out except fashion...Budget is coming together will be finalized as soon as we have a venue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards