August 2013 Weddings
Options

How soon is too soon to really start planning for a wedding?

Hello 
Im getting married August 17,2013 and im already in full wedding planning mode..and im just wondering how soon is too soon to start looking for vendors and dresses and deciding on colors and whatnot?...

I feel like i will burnout way before the wedding at this rate...lol

ANY INFO WILL HELP 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: How soon is too soon to really start planning for a wedding?

• Options
    I would start looking at vendors now because they book fast.  I am getting married August 10, 2013 and I already have my halls narrowed down to 3 and my photographers down to 3 and will be making final decisions and down payments in the next 2 weeks
  • Options
    It depends on your area but I would start thinking about the big things now. I had trouble finding a venue that wasnt booked up and when I did find one we ended up having to change our date to August because our original date had already been booked. We are going to be meeting with photographers within the next month as well to get that booked.
  • Options
    Yup, start looking now. I just booked my venue a couple weeks ago. Oddly enough, my father ran into the guy who is getting married at our venue the same day! So now my venue is booked for that entire day already and it's still over a year away.

Definitely get the big things done first. As PPs have said, some places book up pretty quickly, especially if they're popular DJs, venues, etc. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options

I guess you ladies are correct..i am already in the process of things i guess i just dnt want to overwhelm my friends aka The Bridesmaids lol...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Yup, definitely start planning things now. We're getting married on August 10, 2013 and we have booked:

Reception Venue
    Ceremony Venue
    Officiant
    Photographer
    Caterer

and have selected but still need to put deposits down on:

Ceremony Musicians
    Reception DJ

As for not wanting to overwhelm your bridesmaids, I just don't bring up wedding stuff unless they ask about it because I don't want it to seem like all I care about is the wedding now, you know?

Happy planning! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    We are date twins!  I'm getting married on Aug. 17, 2013 as well.  We have already booked the venue (which includes catering), the photographer and the florist.  I just have deposits down, I won't actually pick out flowers or other details until next spring.  But by putting the deposits down, the vendors hold the date.  I think if you live in an area where things book up quick, it doesn't hurt to put deposits down. 

That being said, I have not really involved any of my friends at this stage.  If they ask about it, I'll share, but there is plenty of time to talk about it next spring and summer!
    Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same date too! It's going to be at my parent's house (They have a barn, perfect!) so the venue isn't a problem but we're planning to get catering, music and anything else requiring a reservation done this summer. Since its at home, we'll be doing a lot ourselves and I'll be doing a lot of DIY projects, we've already started looking for pieces and doing this and that so we're not going crazy next summer!
  • Options
    I'm getting married August 3 2013. I had originally hoped for June 2013 but when I went to put my deposit down at the venue in April 2012 the date was book. All of the Saturdays in June and July were booked, which is how we ended up with August 3. Thus it is never to early to book.
     By the end of this June I plan to have picked my venue, caterer, DJ, officiant, photographer and florist. And I want all the big vendors booked by the end of August 2012, I am a student, so planning during summer without the distraction of school is the best option for me.
  • Options
    I'm a date twin too! It's nice to hear from other ladies who have to wait as long as I do! Sometimes I feel like it's going to be forever! I almost have booked my venue and photographer and have choosen but waiting to send in deposits for my bakery and DJ! I also have my dress...but that's just me! I would also agree to book the bigs things first :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Glad I am not the only one planning, we're getting married August 3rd, and we have the church booked, and the venue in process. They do book up fast and I really want the venue that I picked out! I'm going dress shopping this weekend! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_how-soon-is-too-soon-to-really-start-planning-for-a-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:067fbeed-298d-4ba2-a10a-1a44550bdaafPost:7df8a1dc-c13f-4683-88d7-c8edd15b2bfb">Re: How soon is too soon to really start planning for a wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad I am not the only one planning, we're getting married August 3rd, and we have the church booked, and the venue in process. They do book up fast and I really want the venue that I picked out! I'm going dress shopping this weekend! :)
    Posted by ashmarie29[/QUOTE]

I thought about dress shopping but i have a few pounds i really need to shed before i do that so until then ill be online checking out some styles and ideas...now that im reading everyones post about them already booking venues and churches i think my FI and i need to get on the ball with a few deposits lol!!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards