Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Siblings Poll

Do you have any siblings? 

Brothers, sisters?  How many?

Are they married?

Do they/you keep score?

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?

EDIT:  Sorry, by keeping score, I mean sibling rivalry.  Everything has to be even and fair.
Photobucket

Re: Siblings Poll

• Options
    Do you have any siblings?  YES

Brothers, sisters?  How many? 2 sisters - both older

Are they married? Oldest is not married, and never has been.  Middle sister is divorced

Do they/you keep score? GOODNESS YES>  urgh.

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? My middle sister was my MOH and was awesome, my oldest sister found a way to sabotage some things and make me look an a$$ in front of the IL's extended family.  She thought she was running sh*t because I asked her to help with one little tiny thing. 
  • Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_siblings-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bd5e2f75-88ba-4aea-a920-3476086ddb15Post:898f3903-8b5c-4ce9-a973-41da0fdb4630">Siblings Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have any siblings?  Brothers, sisters?  How many? Are they married? Do they/you keep score? If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

3 brothers, 1 step-brother, 2 step-sisters

They are all married.

Do they/you keep score?  I'm not sure what you mean by that, so I guess my answer is no.

I was the last to get married.  I'm the youngest of all of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, two.

One brother (20) and one sister (18)- I am the oldest!

Are they married?
    Nope

Do they/you keep score?
    I'm assuming this is about sibling rivalry or something? We are all talented in different areas, so it all evens out. My sister and I do realize that our brother is treated differently by our parents because he is a guy (later curfew while growing up, etc).

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?
    Yep! Sister is my maid of honor and brother is a groomsman.

I love my siblings! I'm so proud of them.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings? Yep, 3

Brothers, sisters?  How many? Older sister, younger sister, younger brother. I'm 2 of 4. Brother is the youngest

Are they married? Older sister is married.

Do they/you keep score? Not in a mean way and not where we'd ever use the information to be mean or hurtful.

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? We all get along really well.  My brother and my BIL and Robert all hang out and do guy stuff.  My sisters LOVE Robert and we all always hang out a lot.  We're all friends.  It's awesome and I LOVE it.  I'm VERY fortunate that, for as different as we all are, we all get along very well and genuinely love each other and care about each other.  Robert shows me really sweet texts my sisters send him, my brother invite him fishing and to play basketball and stuff.  We all have a great relationship.
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings?  yes

Brothers, sisters?  How many?  1 sister, 2 brothers

Are they married? yes

Do they/you keep score?. maybe on some level?  We are completely different and are happy in very different ways so it would be  comparing apples with oranges

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings?  Yes.

Brothers, sisters?  How many?  1 half-brother and 1 half-sister (same dad)

Are they married?  nope, they're 13 and 16

Do they/you keep score?  haha no, we're not close enough in age.

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?  I haven't really talked to them about it.  I only see them once every couple of months.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings? 1

Brothers, sisters?  How many? Older brother (9 years older)

Are they married? Yes he is and he has 3 adorable kids.

Do they/you keep score? He does.

• Options
    Do you have any siblings? Yes

Brothers, sisters?  How many? One older brother

Are they married? Yes...five years last Friday

Do they/you keep score? No...our mother takes care of that for us o_O

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? N/A

I will say my brother been the starter of some strife during the planning stages, but that's who he is.
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings?  Yes

Brothers, sisters?  How many?  One sister, 27

Are they married?  Yes

Do they/you keep score?  I don't know what this means, so I'm guessing no.

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?  n/a I guess, but yes she is more than cordial about my planning.  She will be my MOH also.
  • Options
    Yes.

2 sisters.

Yes, both of them are married.

Not usually.

• Options
    I have one brother.  He's married with three adorable kids. 

I've always kept score, but there's no point in the end.  He's the golden child, I'm not.  It's not that my parents don't love me but here's a list:

He's taking over the farm.
    He got married 1x.
    He gave them grandchildren.
    His wife remembers birthdays AND anniversaries.

I divorced someone my family may have loved more than they love me
    I moved away.
    I have no intention of having children.
    I've become the political opposite of my family.
    I never remember birthdays or anniversaries.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Yes

Two half brothers.

Are they married?
    One is, one isn't.

Do they/you keep score?
    I think they do more then me. I'm my mom's only kid... so ya know.

Neither really care. I do think my brother's gf is a bit upset they aren't engaged yet seeing as they've been dating for the same amount of time FI and I have .
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings? Yes

Brothers, sisters?  How many? One brother - 3.5 years older

Are they married? Just became engaged

Do they/you keep score?  Nope.  I adore him.

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?  He was great - walked me down the aisle and spent a week with us after the wedding.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings? yep

Brothers, sisters?  How many? 1 brother (6yr older) 1 sister (12 yrs older- we share a birthday)

Are they married? yes both married

Do they/you keep score? we tease our parents about having favorites but it really is all in good fun.

my mom has even said how shocked she is that we get along so well for the big difference in our ages. 

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?  yes! I am so so lucky to have an awesome sister and brother who care and want to help (but aren't too nosy) and an awesome BIL and SIL for that matter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_siblings-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bd5e2f75-88ba-4aea-a920-3476086ddb15Post:898f3903-8b5c-4ce9-a973-41da0fdb4630">Siblings Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have any siblings?  Brothers, sisters?  How many?<strong> I have a younger brother.</strong>  Are they married? <strong>Nope, but he is only 23.</strong>  Do they/you keep score? <strong>Not really, my brother is really successful and actually gave my mom some money to help pay for my wedding.  He's a sweetheart.  </strong>If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?  <strong>Yep, see above.  He was a GM and really really loves DH so he was really excited to be involved.</strong>
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings?  Yep

Brothers, sisters?  How many?  1 older sis, 1 younger bro

Are they married? Sister is engaged.

Do they/you keep score? Nah

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?  Yep, we're all close and get along great.
  • Options
    You know, now that I think about, I do think my oldest brother "keeps score" in a way.  When he was growing up, our parents were still  married.  When he left the house and got married, our parents split up.  I grew up with my Mom and Step-Dad and just had a very different, more stable, life growing up than he had.  My Mom has told me several times that he has talked to her about that and maybe feels jilted in a way, or that it's unfair or something, and feels like me and my other brothers had opportunities that he didn't have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes

1 sister, older

Are they married?
    no

Do they/you keep score?  She did.  Not so much now that I don't live at home.

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?  She was hit or miss.  She would constantly make budget comments that were annoying.  Between bridesmaid shopping and how much was being spent on the wedding.
    Photobucket
  • Options

Brothers, sisters?  How many? 1 older brother (4 years older)

Are they married? Yes, he got married last September

Do they/you keep score? Not really since we know that boys and girls get treated differently

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? N/A
    Heather and Tom 10.10.10 10.10.10 - Tom and Heather Sitting on the Dock
  • Options
    Only child here
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings?  Yes!

Brothers, sisters?  How many? 2. One sister, one brother. Sister is 23, brother is 19. I'm the oldest at 24.

Are they married? Nope! Not even close.

Do they/you keep score? Only when it comes to money. My sister will remember that my parents gave my brother $20 to go to the mall, but she'll whine that they don't give her anything. DUDE. KELLEY. He lives at home still. Cut  him a break!

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? My sister is my MOH and she wants to be included in EVERYTHING. It'd be nice to do something, just my FI and I (like the cake tasting that she desperately wanted to come to) but I'm letting it slide a little. I figure she's planning the shower and the bachelorette, so, eh. She's been pretty great so far!
  • Options

Brothers, sisters?  How many? 1- sister (23) 1-brother (21) I am the oldest

Are they married? nope

Do they/you keep score? I believe so, since I was the oldest I "got to do everything"  I think much more in my sisters eye's

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? They get along very well with Hubby...and both part of our wedding
  • Options

Brothers, sisters?  How many?  1 older sister, 1 half younger sister

Are they married? Nope

Do they/you keep score? Not at all

I guess.  I don't have much to plan since we are going to Jamaica. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings? Yes I do

Brothers, sisters?  How many? 2 sisters, I am the middle

Are they married? My older sister is engaged and my little sister just broke up with her boyfriend of 5 years

Do they/you keep score? Ehh... it was worse when we were younger but it really isn't something we do anymore

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning?  Both my sisters always knew I was going to be the first to get married and my older sister is actually happy about it because I get to fight with our mom about prices of a dress and flowers and what not (my mom is really frugal) so that when it's her turn my mom will be like "Oh, $2,000 for your dress? Let's do it!"
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Brothers, sisters?  How many? Older brother (27), Younger sister (21)

Are they married? Brother was engaged once, but never married.

Do they/you keep score? We're all different ages so it's hard to know

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? My sister was my biggest fan and supper supportive for the wedding.  It was wonderfully sweet.  Brother and I aren't that close.  He was very polite though for all things wedding and even sang a solo (that was gorgeous.)
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_siblings-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bd5e2f75-88ba-4aea-a920-3476086ddb15Post:898f3903-8b5c-4ce9-a973-41da0fdb4630">Siblings Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have any siblings?  Brothers, sisters?  How many? <strong>One sister.  </strong>Are they married? <strong>Yes </strong>Do they/you keep score? <strong>No.  </strong>If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? <strong>My sister is married and gave me some hassles (and my mom) during my planning.  She also gave me a ration of crap about my choice to keep my name.  </strong>EDIT:  Sorry, by keeping score, I mean sibling rivalry.  Everything has to be even and fair.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Brothers, sisters?  How many? 1 sister, 3 step brothers.
    ETA: Sister is 5 years younger.

Are they married? sister is, I think one of the step brothers might be.

Do they/you keep score? Sister is the golden child.  No reason to bother, the writing was in the wall early.  For example, I got straight As and got a nice dinner, she got Bs and got a 1969 Porsche 911 (it needed work, but still)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Brothers, sisters?  How many?  One sister, 6 years older than me

Are they married? Nope

Do they/you keep score?  Not really.  We're SO different that we can't really compare ourselves.  My sister is basically my polar opposite.

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? She's been pretty great--planned my bparty in Napa and helped with my shower.  There are a few annoying things I just don't think she really "gets"--like RSVP-ing and scheduling stuff.  We had to hound her to find out if she was bringing a guest or not, we still don't know if she's bringing a guest to the RD, and she suddenly decided to change her mind that she wants to get her hair done after all, even though she complained about how expensive the place I picked was.  But...that's just her.  She's a difficult personality and it's frustrating, but I've learned to live with it.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Sure do!

One of each, both older.

Are they married?
    My sister is twice married, twice divorced. My brother has been married for over 15 years.

Do they/you keep score?
    Not really. I think there's the usual resentment (older sister thinks baby sister is spoiled) but no one keeps score per se.

My sister got started on her divorce about 3 weeks before my wedding. She was more than cordial in light of that. She came to the shower/bachelorette weekend and tried her best to have a good time, and came to the wedding and had fun. 
  • Options

Brothers, sisters?  How many? 1 younger sister

Are they married? No, she's 18

Do they/you keep score? Yes she always claims my mom "favors" me over her and gets really upset about it, however I personally feel my dad "favors" her but never bring it up... I think it all evens out

If they aren't married, were they/are they cordial during your nuptial planning? Yes although she's never been in a wedding before, so she doesn't really know what to do. But she is there for me to vent to and she listens to my ideas without complaining... what a good sister/MOH :) That's all I really need her to do, is be supportive of me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards