Outdoor Weddings

Invitation wording, what and how to say it?

Our wedding is at a beautiful location, in the hills in the country near my parents house. We will be getting married basically in a prairie with wild flowers surrounding us and a picture perfect view of the lake peeking between the hills behind us. The reception is at the same location, only it is in a gathering hall. But the thing is, this place is a few miles out on a gravel road and being outside in a prairie the girls are not going to want to wear their high heals out there! My question then is how do we word the invitation, or do we just stick an extra card in the invites that says to wear "outdoor" shoes and that it's a ways out in the country. This is by no means a "redneck/hick" wedding out in the boonies... this place is beautiful, here is the link to the website: http://www.maidenwood.net/  and here is my dress: http://blog.webboda.es/wp-content/uploads/modelos/pronovias/2010/novia/Marlene-3.jpg (I basically put my dress in here to show it off.. it is so pretty! :p ) So anyways... any suggestions help! Thanks loves :)

Re: Invitation wording, what and how to say it?

• Do you have a wedding website?  If so you can put the info on there as well as the pictures of the location.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Duh! Why would I not think of this!? Thank you! lol Smile
  • I still think you should put a little card in your invitation suite that re-states that comfortable shoes would be recommended for the ceremony and you can also put the url address for your website on this same card.  That way it reminds people who may not have read all the way through the website.  If you have it in both places, no one can complain they didn't get the message.  :) 

Married 9.4.11
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_invitation-wording-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:229457c8-8990-468f-8134-040a30359722Post:e5f60520-e123-4e8e-b9a6-58f721f15e00">Re: Invitation wording, what and how to say it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still think you should put a little card in your invitation suite that re-states that comfortable shoes would be recommended for the ceremony and you can also put the url address for your website on this same card.  That way it reminds people who may not have read all the way through the website.  If you have it in both places, no one can complain they didn't get the message.  :) 
    Posted by chrispygal[/QUOTE]<div>Ditto.

</div>
  • edited May 2011
    Some of your guests will not think about the unfortunate consequences of wearing cute heels, only about how great they look in them. If you are doing more formal invitations and are afraid of "ruining" them with this additional info, have it on a seperate insert along with any other FYI's.

I have a similar problem as well and said that the lakehouse (where I am getting married) is where we have always gone to relax and get away from the fast pace of everyday life and we want our guests to do the same. We encouraged them to leave their heels at home, as they tend to get stuck in the grass.

You can say that their heels may be super cute but no one looks chic sinking in the sand/dirt/ground.

Another option is to recommend they get a pair of sole mates if they are planning on wearing heels, as they will be sinking in the ground.

I would have a basket of dollar store flip flops or the cheap fold up flats that they sell in drug stores just in case. The last thing you want is for people to be miserable and in their seats all night. You can always leave the tags on and keep the receipts and return them if they aren't used.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards