Ohio-Columbus
Options

bar question

We have to provide the liquor for the bar at our wedding.  We are expecting 300+ guests.  Suggestions as to how much we should have?  We already bought 1 keg, and 3 cases of wine.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: bar question

• Options
    mags218mags218 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were planning on two kegs and four cases of wine for our wedding with 250. We are also getting a case of Jack and a case of Captain and having a margarita machine. It really depends on how much your friends and family drink though. FI's family drinks A LOT so we are hoping this will cover it. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There is a drink calculator on evite.  You can enter the number of guests that are heavy, average, or light drinkers, the length of the event and whether you are serving just beer and wine or beer, wine, and liquor.  Then it tells you how much you need.  I would go higher on your estimate of heavy vs. light drinkers because people tend to drink more at weddings.

I need advice on how much mixers to go with liquor.  I haven't seen any guidance on that, so let me know if you see anything!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I read somewhere to figure 2 drinks per hour for the first 2 hours and 1 drink per hour for every hour after that per person. I counted every 2 light drinkers as 1 person. I had 3 cases of alcohol left over. Most people don't drink as much at a wedding as they would at a bar or party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards