Wedding Reception Forum

Help me pick my theme - 2 options...

We are getting married June 2013 at Canadian Club Brand Centre / Hiram Walker.  It is on the Detroit River and it is the original building where Al Capone did his dealings etc.  (actual speak easy room is there even -- will be cool for photos!) during prohabition so there is A LOT of history.. beautiful gardens etc.
I need help with my theme.. I don't know if we should do a speakeasy theme of black, grey and white.. or a great gatsby theme.. speak easy obviously goes well there.. but Great Gatsby would be a lot more pretty with light pinks, creams and golds.  maybe I should start watching Boardwalk Empire!
Here are the possible table setups.. don't mind the stuff around it :)  this would be the speak easy theme.. with the boa and pearls around the candle.. grey table and black and white chair.. my girls would wear flapper dresses and the guys would wear fedoras and longer jackets.. the room has solid oak walls and moulded ceilings (heritage building) and the dj could project a purple light on the walls or something..

The next photo is if we are doing great gatsby so light, romantic pastel dresses etc. the guys would wear light grey suits, suspenders and fedoras with black and white shoes.. the chair covers would be on the solid oak dining chairs that are there.. the walls can have the lighting as well.. or not. 

My apologies for having the photos on an angle..

So what do you think? Darker, speak easy theme to suit the venue?  Or light, pretty Great Gastby theme since it was during the same time period...?

Thanks, ladies!

Re: Help me pick my theme - 2 options...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards