New Hampshire
Options

Outdoor/Inexpensive Wedding in Boston/Southern NH area

My son and future daughter-in-law are just beginning their search for an outdoor area for their ceremony and reception.  They would like to be able to provide their own BBQ vender.
Another preference is having a hotel very close.

Appreciate any and all suggestions.

Re: Outdoor/Inexpensive Wedding in Boston/Southern NH area

• Options
    suemogsuemog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My son and future daughter-in-law are just beginning their search for an outdoor area for their ceremony and reception.  They would like to be able to provide their own BBQ vender.
    Another preference is having a hotel very close.

Appreciate any and all suggestions.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!  Have you tried posting this on the local board?  You can find it in the blue menu to the left. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP!! I"ll move you over there and I bet you'll get a pretty good response!!

Happy Planning!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At the venue I'm using you can't use outside catering, BUT they have a BBQ menu that starts at 13/pp (basic hamburger & hotdog) and the priciest BBQ menu selections I think are still only 30/pp (steak, ribs, etc.)

It's called Alpine Grove & is in Hollis, NH. They have multiple different rooms to choose from, but only one of the rooms allows for the BBQ menu. It's called the "Pavilion Room"...It holds 110 people max. It's a half indoor/half outdoor venue. The room is indoor & then there are double doors that lead to a tented deck that is the dance floor. There are also outside lawn games that you can choose to use or not (they are included in the room price which is $350). They include mini golf, volleyball, & horseshoes. Also there are 4 different gazebo's to choose from if you choose to have the ceremony on site. One of which has a bridge as the "isle" to lead to the gazebo...by far the prettiest if you ask me...and the one I chose (picture below). I saw a few churches within 5-10mins of there too if they prefer a church ceremony.

They are by FAR the cheapest place in Southern NH that I found that had BBQ menu's and had any type of outdoor reception. & I read about over 50 places.  The problem with doing an inexpensive outdoor wedding (besides a backyard wedding at a house) is that the tent rental in itself is usually no less than $1500. We personally couldn't afford that...and so we went with the next best thing we could afford....which is this half indoor site. But we are utalizing the lawn games (not typical for a wedding, I know) and the ceremony will be outside. The site has tons of details, more pics, and even pricing for pretty much everything- Alpinegrove.com

The room (a little bigger than it shows...it's a 'T' shaped room)

The tented deck (aka: dance floor)

Walk over the bridge as the "isle" and then say your vows in front of a gazebo, under an arch.

Good luck!! Hope you find what your looking for!
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lrdespres17lrdespres17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my wedding i am renting the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club...its on the Jaffrey/Peterborough NH line in the monadnock region. Its a private club that has a actually nice reception area...they dont specialize in weddings or anything of the similar, but there is a large wood pavillion with picnic tables, indoor plumbling (Smile), electricity,  a large lawn area (with horseshoes and darts) and nice little pond area. All and all for being a gun club i love it. we rented it for an entire day for $350 ( they did say the rates were going up some in the future tho). they are closing it down to members so we wont have any uninvited guests and gun shots. we are able to bring all of our own food, drinks etc etc.
    PS...i believe if they dont have an event the next day they might let you camp out there....for hotels that are close....The GrandView Inn, Woodbound Inn, Jack Daniels Inn, Benjamin Prescott Inn, The Monadnock Inn,
    http://www.mrgci.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 140 Invitedimage 72 Ready to Partyimage 0 Party Poopersimage 68 MIA image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards