Ohio-Cleveland

Any thoughts on the Grand Arcade?

Hi there.  Has anyone out there attended a wedding or had their reception at the Grand Arcade in downtown Cleveland, or had an experience with them, good or bad?  My fiance and I are seriously considering it for our reception, but I have some concerns about the space...thanks for any comments. 

Re: Any thoughts on the Grand Arcade?

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that the same as the (Hyatt Hotel) Arcade? If so, it's a very unique space and a gorgeous one for a wedding, from what I understand. I've been in there, but not for an event like that. I haven't heard anything bad about it though. What kind of concerns do you have?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • l337Jacquil337Jacqui member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have been to a wedding there before! it was pretty. the ceilings are so high and it lets in a lot of light. cocktail hour was up in the above area, and then we all went down the stairs for the reception. i'm not sure how many guests they had but it didn't seem tight at all (if that's what you are concerned about). remember you will have to pay for all that parking though (if you are concerned about something like that) and it adds up quick. 
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    **Planning Bio**

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_thoughts-grand-arcade?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:08d3fc3f-81d7-418d-b837-a61bdd997045Post:2b8c73a1-444a-4d5a-b514-794f49d6d08e">Re: Any thoughts on the Grand Arcade?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that the same as the (Hyatt Hotel) Arcade? If so, it's a very unique space and a gorgeous one for a wedding, from what I understand. I've been in there, but not for an event like that. I haven't heard anything bad about it though. What kind of concerns do you have?
    Posted by JKohio[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your reply.  Right, that's the one--the Hyatt at the Arcade.  I do love that it's a unique and beautiful space, but the uniquness of it brings some questions to mind.  In part, I'm concerned about the set-up, as the tables and chairs for the reception are placed between storefronts that, although dark inside, are still visible....just not sure what that ends up looking like.  I'm also slightly concerned about the acoustics and about the hotel itself, both of which I've heared mixed reviews about.   
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_thoughts-grand-arcade?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:08d3fc3f-81d7-418d-b837-a61bdd997045Post:2cb489ed-918e-4ddd-b955-548898ef0ed6">Re: Any thoughts on the Grand Arcade?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have been to a wedding there before! it was pretty. the ceilings are so high and it lets in a lot of light. cocktail hour was up in the above area, and then we all went down the stairs for the reception. i'm not sure how many guests they had but it didn't seem tight at all (if that's what you are concerned about). remember you will have to pay for all that parking though (if you are concerned about something like that) and it adds up quick. 
    Posted by l337Jacqui[/QUOTE]

Thank you also for your post!  So appreciated.  I am slightly concerned about the space being tight, but I've been reassured that won't be an issue.  Parking downtown is a pain, but I know that's something we'll just have to deal with if we have the reception there.  If I may ask though--what were your impressions of the dinner and the staff?  And did the storefronts appear really noticeable to you?  Thanks so much for any thoughts.
  • l337Jacquil337Jacqui member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_thoughts-grand-arcade?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:08d3fc3f-81d7-418d-b837-a61bdd997045Post:e882ad86-257a-4257-8d9f-1ff0fff2a8b5">Re: Any thoughts on the Grand Arcade?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any thoughts on the Grand Arcade? : Thank you also for your post!  So appreciated.  I am slightly concerned about the space being tight, but I've been reassured that won't be an issue.  Parking downtown is a pain, but I know that's something we'll just have to deal with if we have the reception there.  If I may ask though--what were your impressions of the dinner and the staff?  And did the storefronts appear really noticeable to you?  Thanks so much for any thoughts.
    Posted by hojo216[/QUOTE]

<div>at least the parking garage was literally like right next door. i remember it not being a far walk at all :) dinner and staff there were both great! my husband and i both had an amazingly good filet mignon. we remember it well, and the wedding was june 6th, 2009! haha, so it was very good. the staff didn't necessarily do anything outstanding, but they were tentative and didnt do anything bad, so they were good :) </div><div>
    </div><div>as for the storefronts, they we only noticeable during dinner (while we were waiting for food) and only a little bit. with all the tables set up with centerpieces, the store fronts sort of became secondary. i remember talking about them, but in a good way. we said they looked cute, so again, nothing bad :)</div><div>
    </div><div>if you can think of any other questions to ask me, feel free! i will try to remember :) i have a pretty good memory, and i pay attention to details :)</div>
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    **Planning Bio**

• nikki2114nikki2114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with the Hyatt about having my reception there.  I was surprised at how expensive it was.  I think there are other hotels downtown (maybe not as unique) that offer more for the money.  I am having about 275 people and it seemed that the space would become an issue because it so so narrow.
    I ended up going with the Wyndham at Playhouse Square.  Christina (the catering manager) was so helpful and friendly and she was willing to do a lot of negotiating on price which was very helpful for down.  Also, valet parking was included (unless they were staying overnight).
    Hope this helps!! :)
  • Tine422Tine422 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with the caterer at the Hyatt Arcade, and was so disappointed I almost started crying right there! On the phone she seemed so helpful and accommodating, and once I got there she called me by the wrong name the whole time and didn't present anything I asked for or wanted to see. I thanked her, and never looked back. Unfortunately, it is a very beautiful venue, too bad the service was terrible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards