Louisiana-New Orleans

How to choose between DJs

I'm getting married at Cedar Grove next year and we are choosing between two DJs that they recommended: Monarch Music and Countdown Sound. One has a website and the other does not. The price for either is included so I am not sure how to go about picking. I am planning on emailing both within the week but are not sure what questions to ask them. Thanks for any input!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How to choose between DJs

• edited December 2011
    I find vendors that have websites are usually more on top of things and more up-to-date.  I'm sure they're both good, so go with the one that has better communication - gets back to you faster, asks for more specifics, has a good personality, etc.  They should give you a list of songs to select like cake cutting, entrance, first dance, last song, etc..  Also ask questions about the quality of sound for speeches and toasts and if they recommend an upgrade.  Do you need to use their sound system for the ceremony as well?  Ask them about a microphone for the officiant or ceremony musicians.  Tell them what kind of music you like and see if they can send you a list of recommended songs for your wedding.  Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards