Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NWR - restaurant suggestions for Philadelphia

Hi everyone!  I have to go to Philly for work Sunday through Wednesday.  I have never been - FI has been once but can't remember any of the places they ate at while there.  and I don't have any friends from there or that live there now :(  I like to try new and local things and love good deals! :)

any recommendations? 

conference provides lunch so just need dinner :)

Re: NWR - restaurant suggestions for Philadelphia

• Where will you be staying??

image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loew's Hotel - Market and N. 12th St.
  • Hey - I gave you a looong list over on E.

Enjoy Philly!!!!  :-)
  • If you visit Reading Terminal...you'll be a pretty happy camper :)

http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second the Reading Terminal...Actually I was just there to get my lunch..... YUM!
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Monk's Cafe and Brauhaus Schmitz...my 2 favorite restaurants EVER
  • One of Reading Terminal market's stands just won best sandwich (can't remember which one though) so I'd def recommend there also although my fav is Amada (spanish tapas in Old City)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • DiNics is the one that won in the Reading Terminal.
  • I <3 the Loews (got married there 4 months ago).

There's a bunch of great restaurants right near the Loews, on the corner of 13th and Sansom (so one block west and 1.5 blocks south of the Loews).

Barbuzzo was mentioned a lot over on E, and it's outstanding.  If you're alone, there's a small bar area there that overlooks the kitchen, so that could be cool.  Don't forget to try the salted caramel budino for dessert there, it's the best!

Next door to Barbuzzo is a great fancy pizza place, Zavino.  They have a good happy hour special on margarita pizzas and drinks.

El Vez is also great fancier mexican food (I especially love the corn on the cob there).

Also on that corner is the best gelato place in the city, Capogiro.  If you're looking for a more old fashioned dessert, though, Franklin Fountain in Old City (on Market between Front (what would otherwise be 1st) and 2nd Streets).  They make their own ice cream and it's very colonial in there. 

You also can't go wrong with a Jose Garces restaurant: Tinto (tapas), Amada (more tapas), Chifa ("a unique hybrid of Peruvian and Cantonese cuisines"), Village Wiskey (burgers), or Garces Trading Co. (pizzas, sandwiches, cheese boards, etc).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards