Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Ft. Worth Botanic Gardens

Any knotties get married at the Ft. Worth Botanic Gardens? It looks like they have beautiful outdoor ceremony sites, but I'm wondering if their reception options are good? Anyone have any pricing, pictures, personal experiences to share?

Thanks!

Re: Ft. Worth Botanic Gardens

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're going to have to call them.  We've been there a couple of times when they're having a wedding but they have been extremely small weddings (like less than 20 people). 
  • edited December 2011
    Iv checked into the botanic gardens and its 300 to get married there which is cheap but the downfall is that there are going to be people everywhere that are just visiting the gardens but arent in your wedding party or invited to your wedding lol! but it is beautiful!

http://www.fwbg.org/rates_time.htm
    Love Quote Pictures, Images and PhotosWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We actually considered getting married there, but finally chose somewhere else. Some things I recall from our visit: 
    Ceremony:  You're allowed 10 chairs period, no loud music that will disrupt the gardens, no dressing area, you get 2 hrs I believe for the ceremony and I want to say it was very inexpensive maybe like $200. 

Reception - there are quite a few inside options. If you want a DJ you have to rent 2 rooms.  The rooms are extremely plain, so probably lots of DIY.  You can bring in your own caterer and there is a kitchen.  No sparklers are allowed. I don't remember if you can have candles or not and nothing can be adhered to the wall.  I think there is a time limit like 4 hrs or something.  They are very nice and helpful there too.  I think there was plenty of room for the # of guests we had which was 125. Prices were good, definitely less than $2000 is what I remember, depending on what room you pick.

I've also had bridals done there and the pictures were amazing.  Here are some bridals from a friend of mine. 

Good luck with your planning. Smile
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    An option is to book the Japanese Gardens inside the Botanic gardens, the rental fee is quite a bit more expensive, but you get to have as many chairs as you'd like and private use of the whole area (no strangers in your wedding pics)
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards