Flowers
Options

Babys breath bouquets - sorry another question!

I'm looking to order wholesale babys breath for my BMs' bouquets. I know everyone says each florist is different, but I'm looking for any input from people who've worked with the bunches before to get an idea of how many I'll need to order. The vendor I'm thinking of going through says that each bunch has 6-10 stems.

As a reference, look here.  I'm thinking the bouquets will be about the size of the one all the way to the left in the third picture. So how many bunches do we think are in one of those?

Re: Babys breath bouquets - sorry another question!

• Options
    If the florist you are dealing with says a "bunch" has 6-10 stems, that is THAT florist's opinion of a "bunch". I think if you want to start to standardize this, you are going to need to start talking in terms of stems, not "bunches".

One stem of baby's breath, picked at the lowest possible level of the bush will have in general 3-4 "off-shoot" bunches of smaller "stems" that separate again into more stems. It's not really possible to label any grouping of baby's breath as a "bunch", as that is going to have differing degrees of stems

My recommendation is to go to a local florist, or the one you've been talking to, and gather together enough stems to make a "bunch" the size of the bouquet you want. Without having these bouquet "bunches" in front of you, with an actual accounting of the number of stems in it, it's impossible for any of us to give you an idea of what YOU want them to look like. But, keep in mind there are different types of baby's breath with different numbers of off-shoots and stems on each main stem.

I clicked on the 3rd picture down that you are referencing. I count about 7 stems at the bottom of the bouquet, under the ribbon. However, there are far more than 7 at the top, above the ribbon. Chances are the florist who put these together used shorter stems to fill out the top, which means that it's impossible for anyone to answer you because it is going to vary based on the baby's breath in stock at the time at the florist's location.......some could have more off-shoots, some less. 

I know this is not a definitive answer for you, but it's something you are going to have to see for yourself and make a decision.  
  • Options
    Babys breath is measured in bunches, because florists, such as myself, buy them in bunches. If one bunch is 6-10 stems, the 6 stems are much thicker than say the 10 stem will be. All bunches are the same size no matter how many stems they are. Wholesalers measure across the bunch so that you are getting the same SIZE of bunch everytime. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards