October 2013 Weddings
Options

Pet Peeves, irritations...

Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...

• Options
    When people bring foods to work knowing full well that someone is allergic to one or more items in it.

Today a lady brought in banana something. It has two things I am allergic to, bananas and gluten. But it looks so good.

• Options
    people clipping thier nails at work at thier desk.  keep your personal grooming to your home.  if you get a break or snag, fix just the one (usually just afile will suffice)

people who don't use turn signals.  i can't read your mind!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_pet-peeves-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5125afb1-0ec1-47a9-bc7a-8bc5620d4081Post:58f3a431-cc79-4977-9954-3e479b45bec4">Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]When people bring foods to work knowing full well that someone is allergic to one or more items in it. Today a lady brought in banana something. It has two things I am allergic to, bananas and gluten. But it looks so good.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'm used to that. I think my coworkers are more upset about it than I am. I'm the only one in the clinic who is gluten intolerant, so I wouldn't expect special treatment from my coworkers. Sometimes they bring in GF stuff for me and it's really special and thoughtful, but I certainly don't expect them to change everything about what they bring to work. One made a breakfast casserole this morning for me though -- she used GF Bisquick and turkey bacon because I'm allergic to pork as well!

I can't STAND people who post politically- or religiously-charged things on Facebook and then get seriously bent out of shape when someone challenges them with the opposite opinion. If you're not ready to discuss and defend your stance, then don't post anything!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_pet-peeves-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5125afb1-0ec1-47a9-bc7a-8bc5620d4081Post:078dca3b-7efb-40ad-9eb7-7687ee3d399f">Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves, irritations... : Eh, I'm used to that. I think my coworkers are more upset about it than I am. I'm the only one in the clinic who is gluten intolerant, so I wouldn't expect special treatment from my coworkers. Sometimes they bring in GF stuff for me and it's really special and thoughtful, but I certainly don't expect them to change everything about what they bring to work. One made a breakfast casserole this morning for me though -- she used GF Bisquick and turkey bacon because I'm allergic to pork as well! I can't STAND people who post politically- or religiously-charged things on Facebook and then get seriously bent out of shape when someone challenges them with the opposite opinion. If you're not ready to discuss and defend your stance, then don't post anything!!
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I agree, we are a super small office though. Like 9 ppl.  I just bought the GF bisquick, how is it?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_pet-peeves-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5125afb1-0ec1-47a9-bc7a-8bc5620d4081Post:6701c6f7-8c3c-4bd4-8b02-935008ac6019">Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves, irritations... : I agree, we are a super small office though. Like 9 ppl.  I just bought the GF bisquick, how is it?

We're pretty small too -- there are only eight nurses, and the nurses are the only ones who ever bring anything, lol.

It's okay. It has a bit more of a grainy feel than I'm used to with things like Pamela's and Bob's Red Mill, but I guess if you're in a bind and need something to cook with quickly, it's fine. I think it's just a bit expensive for what you get.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_pet-peeves-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5125afb1-0ec1-47a9-bc7a-8bc5620d4081Post:fc988ac5-5e92-41de-bc8e-dffc1625b0a0">Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves, irritations... : We're pretty small too -- there are only eight nurses, and the nurses are the only ones who ever bring anything, lol. It's okay. It has a bit more of a grainy feel than I'm used to with things like Pamela's and Bob's Red Mill, but I guess if you're in a bind and need something to cook with quickly, it's fine. I think it's just a bit expensive for what you get.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I bought it for the pizza crust and maybe pancakes since I don't eat them that often. The whole GF thing is still fairly new to me since I was diagnosed less than a year ago. I still get "sticker shock" when I want to buy something at the store gf.

• Options
    Lack of blinkers. Tailgaters. Slow talkers.

My dog when he walks down our hallway in front of me - it used to be cute but now he just gets in the way because its EVERY MORNING! He's got a long body and he likes to turn around and look at you while wagging his tail, so he putzes and blocks the whole walkway!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_pet-peeves-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5125afb1-0ec1-47a9-bc7a-8bc5620d4081Post:bc3c2ef7-c59d-4203-b6de-7bad6176c4b6">Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves, irritations... : I bought it for the pizza crust and maybe pancakes since I don't eat them that often. The whole GF thing is still fairly new to me since I was diagnosed less than a year ago. I still get "sticker shock" when I want to buy something at the store gf.

I'm super cheap when it comes to pizza crusts. I just mix olive oil, garlic salt, Italian spice, masa, flaxseed meal and water then pour it into a hot pan on the stove and cook it like a pancake. The flaxseed helps it bind really well and it makes a tasty but neutral crust with no bean or metallic taste and no weird texture.

• Options
    oh just thought of two more!  :-)  kinda related to each other

1) when people talk over you in conversation

2) when someone asks you a question and then just walks away or starts staring off in the distance clearly not listening and then either starts talking over you or starts talking about something completely different.

if you don't actually want my answer or opinion then why are you wasting my time??

.....not that i have experience with such individuals at work or anything......  ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    People who are passive-agressive.
    OR
    People who "fish" for attention or sympathy. For example when people come up to you and sigh annoyingly and wait for you to ask "whats wrong". UGH it kills me a little every time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is fun!

1. Shoes in the middle of the walkway in my house. Move them to the side so I don't trip!

2. When people leave bathroom lights on that have a fan.... HATE that sound!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

"Supposably"  I want to throat punch people when they say it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The people who constantly one-up you in everything.
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_pet-peeves-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5125afb1-0ec1-47a9-bc7a-8bc5620d4081Post:a86ec78b-6b4c-45ec-b49e-8c302a43643f">Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Supposably"  I want to throat punch people when they say it.
    Posted by ironmom5[/QUOTE]

<div>I used to date a guy a long time ago who would say "irregardless" during arguments.  It used to make me fly off the handle!  IRREGARDLESS IS NOT A WORD!  Haha.</div><div>
    </div><div>It also reminds me of my older sister who labeled all of our Xmas boxes "ordaments" when she was a kid.  We still give her hell about that one.  </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_pet-peeves-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5125afb1-0ec1-47a9-bc7a-8bc5620d4081Post:132d991a-c4e0-4c11-9f73-a4144866672f">Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lack of blinkers. Tailgaters. Slow talkers. My dog when he walks down our hallway in front of me - it used to be cute but now he just gets in the way because its EVERY MORNING! He's got a long body and he likes to turn around and look at you while wagging his tail, so he putzes and blocks the whole walkway!
    Posted by hardlyhannah[/QUOTE]

<div>My dog does the same thing! She will walk down the hallway in front of me but will always turn around to make sure I am still behind her and I just about trip over her everytime! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_pet-peeves-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5125afb1-0ec1-47a9-bc7a-8bc5620d4081Post:313a76fa-6b9e-4c40-a7d6-4df3c209dac2">Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have another one, people who post questions on here, but never come back
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

That irritates me like no other. Or when they come on here, randomly post like we are supposed to know who they are.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_pet-peeves-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5125afb1-0ec1-47a9-bc7a-8bc5620d4081Post:a86ec78b-6b4c-45ec-b49e-8c302a43643f">Re: Pet Peeves, irritations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Supposably"  I want to throat punch people when they say it.
    Posted by ironmom5[/QUOTE]

yes!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards