Michigan-Lansing

Now what?!

So my wedding is still more than 30 days out and this week our relatives started looking hotels online to make reservations....well MSU vs. Notre Dame is that weekend at MSU..soooo we got calls today saying there are no rooms anywhere because of the game....any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Now what?!

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ummm I guess your only options are to research hotels that are further out of the Lansing/East Lansing area.  That is a HUGE game so everywhere is going to be booked.  Start looking NOW and spread the word if you find some rooms.  I'm not sure if you'll be able to set up a hotel block but if you can find a few rooms anywhere, I would take it.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure they are calling the hotel itself directly, like the local phone number, not the toll free number that takes you to a call center or something. I had the same problem with a wedding last year that we went to in Chicago. There was a race that weekend, and all the hotels said they were sold out, but if you call the local number you can find something. They can do a waiting list too. Tons of people cancel every single day. A lot of hotels will oversell too, because they expect to get cancelations. Of course they won't tell you they're doing that, but they will.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions girls, I called one not too far from our reception venue (6 miles) ...the direct local number... and they do still have some rooms so I reserved a block of rooms and they gave us a $35 discount from each room AND we are not responsible for the rooms in the event that there are some not rented. YAY!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awesome! That's a relief, I'm sure :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards