Not Engaged Yet

I Confess...

2»

Re: I Confess...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:b53c7b13-250a-447d-98a8-e6a17797d376">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I need to break it to my parents and FI's this weekend that after only being engaged two weeks, I'm so over wedding planning. This is a nightmare. I already don't handle stress well and the stress of just trying to find a local venue in our budget but still give us the supposed "vision" is impossible. <strong>So, we are eloping in Cozumel</strong>. Though, not really eloping because all the same people are invited. Hired a planner gave her my colors and menu preferences, and all we need to do is show up with a tux and dress. That makes me happy. I also confess that though training for a half ironman in 6 weeks, I haven't been on my bike in three. This can't be a good way to train.
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]
    This sounds like so much fun.  Did you set a date yet?

Anniversary

• I have to say, eloping in Cozumel sounds like an amazing idea. The more issues I  hear about weddings from my friends who are planning one the more I think something like that is the way to go if you want to stay sane!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:7157a211-d6f9-42ff-96b8-678eebd7a04a">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm nervous about going to see my therapist because I either don't have the issues I think I do and she's going to laugh at me, or that I have such serious issues that I can't be fixed. I confess that the thought and feeling that I'm going to end up alone has been all-consuming lately. I confess that I need to have relations. Badly. This whole being single thing isn't helping much. I confess that my feelings on my job go from love to hatred every five minutes. I don't want to be here anymore (especially since they don't want me here) but then I think about the student-athletes I'll be working with in the winter & the spring, and I get really excited. I have job bipolar.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

YGPM
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:7dc3594f-adeb-49fd-9fbc-2e2fe10039d2">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm not motivated to do work today. I confess that I wasn't good AT ALL about food or exercise this week and I will likely choose to be in denial this week and not step on the scale. I confess that I'm actually upset that the IKEA order that was supposed to come at work today now isn't getting delivered until between 3-7 (supposedly...fingers crossed it will be earlier) because I reallyreallyreally want my new bookshelf that Peek found for me. I can't wait to get my office organized and I've been waiting for this thing for weeks. I confess that I don't know how much longer I can handle being in my relationship without any forward-moving progress in any area.<strong> I confess I met a dog last night that I want to adopt SO BAD but Mo won't let me and I actually cried about it.
    </strong>Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I confess that I have done this before! You're not alone Liv. BF and I decided to adopt a chocolate lab a few years ago and then my roommate (who the day before was fine with the idea) decided that she was using her veto power. I spent an entire 2 days falling in love with a puppy I thought I could keep. I balled like a baby.
  • I confess that I haven't worked out much at all this week, I've been too tired from work. I confess I'm sad to see Liv upset about not being able to get a new furbaby. I confess that I'm also getting impatient about being NEY, but we aren't even close to it yet. The lack of drives me crazy. I confess we have vaguely discussed eloping on an anniversary in the future, and I really want it to happen.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:2b90635a-0a4a-4ed6-afd8-7e555e18cc6e">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Confess... : YGPM
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

YGPM back :-)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I confess that I'm furious with FI for losing his keys for 45 minutes this morning, making him 30 min late to work. He called me four times to ask me to walk him through his night last night, but I was so damn excited about my watermelon that I didn't pay attention to where the eff he put his keys. I've been telling him for THREE GD YEARS to pick a place to repeatedly put his keys and he NEVER does. I'm sooo tired of that sh!t. 

I confess that I feel fine to work, my ear is still jacked up, but I have no reason to be staying up till 4 am and sleeping until 11. I'm a lazy bum and it's aggrivating. 

I confess that I'm more butthurt over cancelling my trip to Cali/Arizona than I probably should be. And I also confess that FI really didn't care and it hurt my feelings. I was way super excited to see Tiger, Lyn, Meg, Ray and my cousin and his BF and he acted like it was no big deal. 

I also confess it took me 10 minutes to write this post. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I confess that I really wish BF was open to the idea of eloping.

• In Response to Re:I Confess...:[QUOTE]I confess that I really wish BF was open to the idea of eloping. Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

I confess I've wanted a big fancy wedding when we had discussed it, but its not "us." BF hates being the centre of attention, and I would rather put all that money to other things. So he's convincing me.

But I confess that it drives me crazy that even though we are finally having real discussions about it, it will still probably be years away. Life keeps throwing things at us that takes away the possibility of it happening anytime soon.

I confess I fear my mom will throw a fit if we do decide to elope.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:236232be-e4c7-42e3-aedd-7f80076e3d66">Re:I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:I Confess...: I confess I've wanted a big fancy wedding when we had discussed it, but its not "us." BF hates being the centre of attention, and I would rather put all that money to other things. So he's convincing me. But I confess that it drives me crazy that even though we are finally having real discussions about it, it will still probably be years away. Life keeps throwing things at us that takes away the possibility of it happening anytime soon. <strong> I confess I fear my mom will throw a fit if we do decide to elope.</strong>
    Posted by kaitlynmichelle[/QUOTE]

This is a big reason why we've pretty much nixed the idea of eloping. Our families and friends would freak out and it wouldn't really be worth the drama.

When I was younger I always pictured a big fancy wedding but now I'd be happy with a small, more informal wedding. My mom is still on the big wedding mind-track though. That's a bridge I'm not looking forward to crossing when BF and I do get engaged.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:553ef8ed-e5a1-4d47-a25b-7a09be4e2772">Re:I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:I Confess... : This <strong>is a big reason why we've pretty much nixed the idea of eloping</strong>. Our families and friends would freak out and it wouldn't really be worth the drama. When I was younger I always pictured a big fancy wedding but now I'd be happy with a small, more informal wedding. My mom is still on the big wedding mind-track though. That's a bridge I'm not looking forward to crossing when BF and I do get engaged.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

It's mainly my grandparents and mom that are nixing our idea of eloping. Since I JOP'ed it last time with NO ONE there - yeaaaaah My grandparents will kill me.

Which frustrates FI to no end.
  • I confess that I feel like I would be judged for saying that I have zero desire to elope and I'm really looking forward to our formal wedding.  And I hate that I think I would be judged for it.  I don't know why the attitude of wedding planning has to be "wedding planning is so hard and stressful, I should just elope."  I don't think it has to be hard or stressful - it also helps that I realized that I'm willing to do and what I'm not willing to do very early on for this wedding, so I know I won't be stressing over DIY projects last minute or anything.  

I confess that even though I've been miserable and sick, I was happy to be sick enough to stay home from work for two days this week.  I really should have used that time to look for more jobs and figure out my internship situation, but I just watched Teen Mom and Weeds.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:553ef8ed-e5a1-4d47-a25b-7a09be4e2772">Re:I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:I Confess... : <strong>This is a big reason why we've pretty much nixed the idea of eloping.</strong> 

<div>I've already decided if my mom freaks out (which she might not, but she wasn't happy when my cousin had her wedding be only parents/siblings and close friends) we'll talk about it.  But I'm pretty sure that 100% of the wedding costs, or the majority of it, will be paid by us.  At this point, we aren't wanting to pay for a big wedding, and I'd rather go somewhere and have it be just the two of us honestly.</div><div>
    </div><div>But who knows, by the time I'm engaged it might have changed.  BF's parents have actually encouraged us to elope - his mom wants us to get married <em>really</em> badly, and wants us to do it however we want.  I'm hoping my mom will support that too.  Being the only daughter though, I'm worried that won't happen.  She doesn't like us living so far away, so I can only imagine the reaction to a planned elopement.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:e17d0312-3a05-420c-832a-140f56449a00">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I feel like I would be judged for saying that I have zero desire to elope and I'm really looking forward to our formal wedding.  And I hate that I think I would be judged for it.  I don't know why the attitude of wedding planning has to be "wedding planning is so hard and stressful, I should just elope."  I don't think it has to be hard or stressful - <strong>it also helps that I realized that I'm willing to do and what I'm not willing to do very early on for this wedding, so I know I won't be stressing over DIY projects last minute or anything.</strong>   I confess that even though I've been miserable and sick, I was happy to be sick enough to stay home from work for two days this week.  I really should have used that time to look for more jobs and figure out my internship situation, but I just watched Teen Mom and Weeds.  
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm sure the stress and planning will be totally worth it for anyone who decides to plan a big, awesome wedding!  We just aren't really willing to do it.  Well, I'm not.  I'm sure BF would be of little help in planning a wedding.  </div><div>
    </div><div>After seeing Buggle's wedding pictures, *that* is along the lines of what we want.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:e17d0312-3a05-420c-832a-140f56449a00">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I feel like I would be judged for saying that I have zero desire to elope and I'm really looking forward to our formal wedding.  And I hate that I think I would be judged for it.  I don't know why the attitude of wedding planning has to be "wedding planning is so hard and stressful, I should just elope."  I don't think it has to be hard or stressful - it also helps that I realized that I'm willing to do and what I'm not willing to do very early on for this wedding, so I know I won't be stressing over DIY projects last minute or anything.
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone would judge you about that (well I won't anyway).

I don't want to elope because I think wedding planning will be super hard or stressful I want to do it because there really aren't that many people that I care if they attend my wedding or not.

Actually, I think that if BF and I did elope I would be sad that I didn't get to plan a wedding.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:e17d0312-3a05-420c-832a-140f56449a00">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I feel like I would be judged for saying that I have zero desire to elope and I'm really looking forward to our formal wedding.  And I hate that I think I would be judged for it.  I don't know why the attitude of wedding planning has to be "wedding planning is so hard and stressful, I should just elope."  I don't think it has to be hard or stressful - it also helps that I realized that I'm willing to do and what I'm not willing to do very early on for this wedding, so I know I won't be stressing over DIY projects last minute or anything.   I confess that even though I've been miserable and sick, I was happy to be sick enough to stay home from work for two days this week.  I really should have used that time to look for more jobs and figure out my internship situation, but I just watched Teen Mom and Weeds.  
    I don't judge you for saying you have no desire to elope, it's not my thing.  I feel the same way you do. I look forward to our big formal wedding.. someday.    Feel better.

Anniversary

• I confess that I have absolutely no motivation to do anything at work, and it's been like this all week.

I confess that I am having a very hard time waiting the two weeks until we go to see my parents, to tell my mom that BF is going to ask my dad for my hand in marriage. Especially since I know the ring should be here next week.

I confess that I am really, really nervous about my parents not being thrilled with the idea we just want a court house wedding since we hate being the center of attention, but in reality I think my parents will be OK with in.

I also confess that I have spent entirely too much time on this website in the past few weeks. Oops.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:a4df3f01-fdce-4734-ba18-615d8c02cb0e">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Confess... : :( I've seen you mention things like this before and it makes me sad. It seems like you have such a huge passion for animals and I don't know how you can be in a relationship with someone who doesn't share that passion. I confess that I'm getting really impatient waiting for BF to propose. I was pretty sure he was going to do it this summer but last weekend he told me that he was waiting until fall. I also confess that I'm really excited for the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and I had no idea it was coming so soon! I thought it didn't come out till the end of September.

• I confess that I've hit a wall with job applications, and that when I'm not at a temp job, I don't want to apply for anything anymore because I've convinced myself that I'm not going to get it.

I confess that I had a minor meltdown Tuesday night, and BF and I had really hot sex because of it.

I confess that living with my parents makes me feel like I'm 15 again, and that's really not helping my situation.

I'm also super excited for Asian food with Jen and her H this weekend.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    [QUOTE]<strong>I confess that I feel like I would be judged for saying that I have zero desire to elope and I'm really looking forward to our formal wedding. </strong> And I hate that I think I would be judged for it.  <strong>I don't know why the attitude of wedding planning has to be "wedding planning is so hard and stressful, I should just elope."  I don't think it has to be hard or stressful - it also helps that I realized that I'm willing to do and what I'm not willing to do very early on for this wedding, so I know I won't be stressing over DIY projects last minute or anything. </strong>  I confess that even though I've been miserable and sick, I was happy to be sick enough to stay home from work for two days this week.  I really should have used that time to look for more jobs and figure out my internship situation, but I just watched Teen Mom and Weeds.  

<div>No judgement here.  The reason I said that I had thoughts of eloping wasn't because it is/has been/will be so hard.  Since before we were engaged SO and I went back and forth about whether to have a full wedding, or a private affair with just us.  For us, it is a matter of cost and time vs. having a day to celebrate with friends and family.  Even though we are trying to keep our budget smallish, it is still a lot of money to think about spending on one day.  That and this is his second time around.  He initially had this fear like people wouldn't want to see him get married AGAIN.  </div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards