Texas-Houston
Options

Suggestions on where to find a cheap dress

So DH and I got married in February 2011 and we were supposed to do a Trash the Dress session after the honeymoon however our photogs husband got reassigned and they had to move to Denver so we never got to do the session. Our second photographer said that she would honor the rates of our original photogapher however we never had the opportunity to actually take advantage of her offer.

Fast forward two years and I have lost 65 lbs (my husband has lost 85lbs.) and want to finally do this Trash the Dress session for our anniversary in February. However the problem is that my dress (which was barely small enough before) absolutely swallows me now. If I want to do a TTD, I need to find another dress however I don't want to pay a lot for something that is just going to be destroyed.

I live in Huntsville and have checked the local resale shops but to no avail. I am more than willing to head into Houston to find one, but I have aboslutely no idea where to look. If you ladies have any suggestions of specific places to find cheap wedding gowns it would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
And now we are as one
Married February 20, 2011

Re: Suggestions on where to find a cheap dress

• Options
    David's Bridal has quite a few dresses for $99.  Also, recycledbride.com has some really affordable dresses.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Brides Against Breast Cancer is having an event in Houston Jan 12-13. It's free. You just have to register, and it's for a good cause, http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/index.php/upcoming-events/january-11th-13th-houston-tx/ Marry Go Round is a store that just sells samples. You might be able to find a good deal there. Have you thought about getting your dress altered? Since you are just going to trash it, you could just try and find someone cheap to do it...

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    I have thought about it, but it would have to get taken in from an 18 to a 10 so I don't know how much it would cost. I am trying to weigh my options between doing alterations or buying a new dress, pretty much whichever is cheaper.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    I think you should try getting a quote locally to alter your dress before you go all the way to Houston. My dress was a sample that was a size 10 and I'm a street size 2 or 4. They took it in pretty easily..i think that part was $200-300, and she was on the pricier end. Like PP said, David's Bridal has a lot of cheap dresses. The Salation Army in Michigan where I now live had quite a few wedding gowns for like $100. You could check out those type of places as well. Good luck and way to go!

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    Did you try Craigslist?  I saw, a while back, some dresses for $150.  Worth ata least a look.
  • Options
    Congrats on the weight loss.
  • Options
    I have a size 10 dress, it is cleaned, perfect condition.... I will sell it to you for $50, if you are interested, I can send you a link to the dress, just let me know! It is just hanging out in my closet! And I dont want it! haha! It was originally $500 at David's Bridal a year ago. Just PM me! :)
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • Options
    For great priced alterations try Michelle at Colletti Threads. Turn around within a week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards