Luxury Weddings
Options

What's your guest list like?

Mine is just short of 70 guests, which is where we drew the line, and already giving me a headache. I'm over budgeting for now, rounding up to absorb the dollar to euro conversion expense, so based on my rough calculations the food alone is going to cost us $14K. AKA our entire wedding budget. What's that word again? Oh right, CRAP!

Anyone on this boat with me?

edited for irony

Re: What's your guest list like?

• Options
    My guest list is at 200. And that isnt even that bad for us. Id be happy with a 14k food budget, but thats ok. I am happy to give my guests a good party!
  • Options
    we invited 166 and we are looking at 130ish once my stragglers send in there overdue rsvps

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That helps actually, I needed a bit of perspective :))
  • Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We invited 300 even, although guessing we are going to have a slightly higher no rate due to it being a DW. I agree with PP, I wish I had a $14K food budget lol, but the food there is so amazing its going to be worth it to splurge lol
  • Options
    Haven't finalized the GL but with my large family, I think we'll be inviting just under 300. I can't imagine everyone will be able to travel to attend, but if so, hurrah!! :) Looking at venues that can hold up to 350 just in case. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Options

We'll end up having about 150. Of that, about 125 are from my side (big Italian family) and only 25 from FI's side. He has a very small family all located out of the country so we don't expect many of them to make it.

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_whats-your-guest-list-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:8cc9bae1-c892-4015-84cb-747be443e652Post:d3f782b3-7a16-431f-aa01-28326f89f104">Re: What's your guest list like?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We'll end up having about 150. Of that, about 125 are from my side (big Italian family) and only 25 from FI's side. He has a very small family all located out of the country so we don't expect many of them to make it.
    Posted by Amanda1443994[/QUOTE]

Of our 300 invited about 25 are my family, maybe 40 are our friends (his and mine combined) the rest are all his large Yugoslavian family!
  • Options
    The last I counted we've got 333 on the list, planning on 300, but I would LOVE for it to be around 250
  • Options
    We have not started this, but I would love for the guest list to be between 120-140. I have a big family, and FI's is kinda small. So, we shall see. Plus,  I want to squeeze some friends in there, so maybe around 150. 
    Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Well now I'm super content with my guest list and food estimate! LOL
  • Options
    We're inviting zero and having zero attendees! LOL For my first marriage, we invited around 150-160 and had around 110. I was pretty darn adamant to have a smaller, intimate wedding, which is why I am not inviting anyone this time around! Our reception costs for the first wedding were quite significant- I think it totalled around $30K for just food and drink!

• Options
    We started with 480 on our guest list.  
    Then after much work, got it down to 220.  
    No we're closer to 180, and couldn't be happier.

I'd give anything (now) to have a smaller wedding, and if we ever do a renewal of vows or something of the sort, we're definitely not going to do this rollercoaster again.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We invited 328, but our wedding is across the country from my family so only about 150 will be here, and my parents will throw us a post-wedding party at their house later on this fall sometime. Everyone who was invited to the wedding will be invited to that (not a second PPD but just a party mainly for people who couldn't come but wanted to, like my cousins with small children.)
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. We have 240 on our list, but almost half are from out of state (mostly California). Plane tickets right now are so expensive, running close to $500 and so I'm afraid people won't come. Of course I would understand, but it would still be a disappointment. We have a food/beverage minimum to meet as well so I'm crossing fingers.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_whats-your-guest-list-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:8cc9bae1-c892-4015-84cb-747be443e652Post:f7587a12-9a22-4dad-8dd6-561c123a4b4b">Re: What's your guest list like?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're inviting 230, but I'm really unsure about how many will attend.  Most of my family and friends live within an hour or two drive, but many of FI's family and friends live out of state.  Plus, we're having adults only, so I think some may decline our invitation for that reason.  :(  I hope we have at least 180!
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    303 people invited. oh.my.goodness that makes my head spin!!
  • Options
    We're expecting 65-70 people to attend, and our catering is $14-15k just like yours! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    GiamahoganyGiamahogany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I'm up to 300 and trying to cut it down to 200.. so far it looks like our venue and catering is going to cost us roughly between $17,000.00 - $20,000.00 and I only wanted to spend $20,000.00. Its like you say wedding and the prices go up.. Smile
  • Options
    IThe bottom of your post is very cute how did you do that?

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_whats-your-guest-list-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:8cc9bae1-c892-4015-84cb-747be443e652Post:afabc576-bee3-48ba-9983-cef90f9d62d8">Re: What's your guest list like?</a>:
    [QUOTE]303 people invited. oh.my.goodness that makes my head spin!!
    Posted by jlk13[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards