Second Weddings

Must vent! "Day-after brunch" has turned into...

...lunch at a bar called One Hot Mama.  really? really?

This is what FFIL has now arranged. You may recall that he wanted to do some grand gesture for his piece of glory, but we would not let him do anything for the wedding cause he tends to eff things up.  We agreed to let him do his thing as a day-after brunch.

So I'm going to be at the beach with my boys... get married... spend that night with my FI of course (leaving boys with granny)... and then we ALL go to One Hot Mama's bar??

IF FFIL MAKES ANY KIND OF HOT MAMA JOKE, I AM PUNCHING HIM IN THE FACE.

Okay. whew. that helped. 

Re: Must vent! "Day-after brunch" has turned into...

• MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Adelphi, if it's a bar do they allow persons in that are under 21? If so and it sounds that way, I think you are wise to roll with it.

Did he pick the place based on it's name or does it have a reputation of having the best lunches in town?  If he picked it solely based on name maybe you can get him to find someplace that serves good food.  If the food is good and that was the basis for his decision, once again roll with it and be good humored just remember he'll have a major birthday or anniversary that you can plan.  ;-} 

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this though, it's never fun when IL's mess things up.

• melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For what it's worth, it really IS a family restaurant.  Think Applebee's or TGIFriday's, not Hooters.

Certainly wouldn't be my first (or tenth) choice for this particular event, but it shouldn't be uncomfortable or anything on anyone.
    10-10-10
  • AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls. I will roll with it. But you're right.... i see a bottle of "Old Fart" wine as a future birthday present for this man. lol.

It's ok, my laid-back nature and sense of humor will return to me at some point, right?

• edited December 2011
    Calm down Adelphi....your big day is so close and you should be relaxed and excited to get married the man that you love!!! Listen me close....nothing, NOTHING, should ruin this magical perfect day that you've planned so hardly for so many days. Don't allow that anyone spoil your dream, rain in your parade or take the cherry out of your cupcakes...breath deep, say a pray, open your most beautiful smile, shine as you ever did and enjoy your moment. Don't, and I repeat DON'T allow anyone to ruin the day that you waited for in your whole life. Stay calm, collected and absolutely stunning and happy...whatever was or is still trying to bother you, can't put up with a victorious look that just a peace that transcend all understanding can give...I wish you the best knowing already that you will have it for His name!!!
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Probably not my idea either of a day after brunch but I do like the name :)  As you wrote - you'll roll with it because that's what we women do <sigh>
  • AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  SOOO glad to have you ladies to vent to, so that no one else had to hear my little tantrum.

I joked to my sis that this is how i picture FFIL's toast going...

"Here's to Alex and Lori, you found a great gal, Alex. Fine woman. Nice hips for having babies. Of course she's too old to have babies now. CHEERS!"

ha!  my sense of humor is back. hell i may just buy a Hot Mama tshirt while we're there. :)
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ha!  my sense of humor is back. hell i may just buy a Hot Mama tshirt while we're there. :)

Glad to see your sense of humor is back! Heck, I'd buy the t-shirt beforehand and wear it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards