Washington-Seattle
Options

WWYD- BM hair

I'm going to pay for my BM's to have their makeup done for the wedding, but it's out of my budget to pay for their hair.  I don't think it's necessary, because I want them all to wear their hair down with a headband:

I don't want any curl with the hair, just down and smooth with the headband.

Do you think I should ask my BMs if they want to get their hair done, and mention it would be $$, and let me know if they are interested?  Blah, it's times like these I really wish I was richer Embarassed
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: WWYD- BM hair

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm a little confused... so are you offering to pay for those of them that want to get their hair done? Or are you trying to tell them that they have to pay for their own hair if they want to get it done?

:o)

Anniversary
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could tell them that they could get their hair done if they wanted to pay for it themselves, I definitely couldn't afford both hair and makeup for all 5 MOHs/BMs. 

I'm wondering if I should even bring it up or not as an option.  I'm totally fine with them doing their own hair, since all it really is is putting a headband in. 
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

i would say something like..."hey BM's if you want to get your hair done with the same stylist as me it's $xx amount. you can use whoever you want, but if you don't want to get your hair done..i have these headbands you guys can wear/have that look like *this*. i really like that look with your dresses, and it could save you money since you don't really need to do anything! xoxo, mgoss"

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_wwyd-bm-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:1bc7e490-18d6-4f06-b536-213d7cb1de62Post:2f078b4a-dffd-416c-aa1c-fc4b4053bf56">Re: WWYD- BM hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]i would say something like..."hey BM's if you want to get your hair done with the same stylist as me it's $xx amount. you can use whoever you want, but if you don't want to get your hair done..i have these headbands you guys can wear/have that look like *this*. i really like that look with your dresses, and it could save you money since you don't really need to do anything! xoxo, mgoss"
    Posted by jennlin[/QUOTE]

This.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like Jennlin's response.  I'm doing the same - paying for makeup but not hair ... but letting them do whatever they want (since I'm not paying for it!)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Jennlin :o)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards