Not Engaged Yet

TV recommendations

Tell me your favorite show that has the entire first season available on Hulu or Netflix Instant.

OR your favorite summer TV show that posts new episodes on Hulu (other than Master Chef, PLL, SYTYCD).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TV recommendations

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    SCRUBS!!!

FI and I are working through it.  We're at Season 5.

I'm also addicted to Pretty Little Liars.  I don't know if those episodes from Season One are on Hulu though :(
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My absolute favorite show is How I Met Your Mother. Unfortunately I don't know if it is available on Hulu or Netflix.

I watched the premiere of the new show Suits on USA and seems like it will be good. Covert Affairs is also on USA and I really enjoy it. USA posts all their new episodes usually.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    "DEXTER"!!! Aaahhh it's so good. There are the first two seasons of "Dexter" on Netflix and we devoured them in days! Beware, it's VERY graphic - lots of boobies and blood and f-bombs.

If you like science fiction, "Doctor Who" and one of its spinoffs, "Torchwood", are both on Netflix. "Doctor Who" is the longest running science fiction show in television history. It's British and it's science fictiony and it's fun and the men are really, really good looking. Also it's the Queen of England's favorite show. I'm not making that up.

If you prefer adult cartoons, the first season of "Archer" is on there too. Quite possibly one of the funniest cartoons I have ever seen. I also like "Bob's Burgers", which you can find on Hulu; that's another adult cartoon (and Jon Benjamin does the lead voice in both this and "Archer", so it's super funny).

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Secret life of the American Teenager. It's really stupid. But still... cant stop watching.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Bones has all but the most recent season and Grey's Anatomy

ETA: http://www.sidereel.com/ will give you links to pretty much any show you want,

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Mad Men
    Parenthood
    United States of Tara
    Big Love

Oh instant... hmm. I got nothing
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tv-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:75ed80a4-98f4-4bb4-b096-e3e94ba7013ePost:91d93f73-3f84-4814-bd92-8778be202070">Re: TV recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mad Men Parenthood <strong>United States of Tara</strong> Big Love Oh instant... hmm. I got nothing
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

I watched the first season of United States of Tara, then my mom cancelled the channel it was on (Showtime?). Now I really want to get back into it! I love Toni Collette!

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd or 3rd or 4th the DEXTER recs. BEST SHOW EVERRRRR!!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tv-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:75ed80a4-98f4-4bb4-b096-e3e94ba7013ePost:aeb1dfaa-1add-4b54-805d-40b1d78e5feb">Re: TV recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I 2nd or 3rd or 4th the DEXTER recs. BEST SHOW EVERRRRR!!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

IKR?!!? Dude. Duuuuuuuuuuude. Season 6 is going to be amazing. I mean...just...I have no words.

• desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    SVU is a permanent fixture in my Netflix queue. I can't believe Chris Meloni is leaving. :'(

I have Dexter and Bones, and Dexter is good but I have to be in the right mood, you know?

Bones I find irritating b/c I feel like they rely on the old "will they/won't they" too much. The stories should be interesting enough on their own, and somehow, to me, they're not always?

I know, I'm picky. Sorry. :)

I am up to date on Pretty Little Liars and Covert Affairs.

Bside, I will for sure add Doctor Who. I am old enough to remember when they still aired epsiodes with Tom Baker on TV. :)

Peek, Scrubs is added too.

I lovelovelove Supernatural, HIMYM, and Big Bang Theory, but for some reason, I have a hard time staying caught up b/c they're not on Hulu. So I just buy when they come out on DVD. Also, my H loves those shows too, so it's something for us to watch together.

Before you all start thinking I have no life, I should probably tell you that I'm allowed to have things playing in the background at work, and I do a lot of data entry type work, and I'm a little ADD, so having that background noise actually helps me focus. I also work during primetime most nights, so I don't watch TV when it's actually on, and see no sense in buying a DVR if I can find enough to watch at work to keep me from losing my mind to the vast array of numbers.

I was an English major. I don't know how the hell I ended up doing this accounting bullshit. :(

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tv-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75ed80a4-98f4-4bb4-b096-e3e94ba7013ePost:ce0e081c-b03c-4da5-a6b3-fba589951cf5">Re: TV recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE] I was an English major. I don't know how the hell I ended up doing this accounting bullshit. :(
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

<div>I'll trade you.  I hate writing thank you notes.  Data entry/accounting is actually fun for me.  But then again, a lot of my research has been heavy on the statistics.</div>
    I french with my man
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Weeds?

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Arrested Development - hands down. It is available on netflix instant.  It has the kind of humor that you can watch an episode a few times and keep picking up new stuff. . . subtle, sarcastic and also some outright ridiculous stuff. I <3 that show. 
  • jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, The Office
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tv-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75ed80a4-98f4-4bb4-b096-e3e94ba7013ePost:de4e70ec-00ed-4dc6-8627-56efd3287be1">Re: TV recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Secret life of the American Teenager. It's really stupid. But still... cant stop watching.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]
    I watch it too, I find it stupid but still can't stop I'm glad I"m not alone.  I imagine it would make for a pretty good drinking game- take a drink every time someone mentions sex.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Archer, it's a kinda smutty, absolutely hilarious animated show.  If you're into that kind of thing the whole first season is on netflix.  And the second season wrapped up this spring so you're not too far behind. 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tv-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75ed80a4-98f4-4bb4-b096-e3e94ba7013ePost:3ddf5ba6-c5d4-4f5a-8307-d3d98629af7d">Re: TV recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Lost</strong>, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, The Office
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

<div>We were addicted too.  *sigh*  I miss LOST.</div>
    I french with my man
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    How I met your mother, big bang, SVU, saving grace, Swamp people, Parking wars...these are all shows I LOVE.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tv-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75ed80a4-98f4-4bb4-b096-e3e94ba7013ePost:352c9374-bef5-4e93-bbd8-1ba0d0611498">Re: TV recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Arrested Development - hands down. It is available on netflix instant.  It has the kind of humor that you can watch an episode a few times and keep picking up new stuff. . . subtle, sarcastic and also some outright ridiculous stuff. I <3 that show. 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

ME TOO!!! H and I have been re-watching on DVD at home. We've seen every episode at least three times and STILL laugh our asses off.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tv-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:75ed80a4-98f4-4bb4-b096-e3e94ba7013ePost:ce0e081c-b03c-4da5-a6b3-fba589951cf5">Re: TV recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bside, I will for sure add Doctor Who. I am old enough to remember when they still aired epsiodes with Tom Baker on TV. :)

I love you, desert =D If I knew you were a fellow Whovian I wouldn't have rambled on like an idiot. You don't meet too many girls who are into Doctor Who. I think the only other girl on this board who watches is sunbird!

But yeah, the last 5 seasons are on Netflix instant, starting with the Ninth Doctor and ending with the Eleventh.

And don't feel bad. I've got a BA in Communications and Broadcasting, yet I'm walking dogs.

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Top Gear UK.  It starts at season 2.  It's wicked.  Do it.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Californication.
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I'm not really into cars, but since YOU recommended it, Paige, I'll give it a try. :)

Added Californication as well, and that led me to Rescue Me. I like Dennis Leary, so that's added now, too!

Anyone have an opinion on The Tudors?

Bside, I'm thankful you reminded me! I wouldn't say I'm a Whovian -- one of my brothers has been a big fan since we were little, which is why I remember that phone booth, TARDIS, and Tom Baker. I watched a couple of the Eccleston episodes a while back and I loved him so much that I stopped watching b/c I was sad he went away after one season. :) But that really is how the show works, and I hear nothing but good about Tennant, so I'm ready to dive back in. :)

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

• MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm always in the mood for Dexter. I told fi if his voice was the navigation voice in a dodge, I would seriously consider getting one and I am not a fan of the Chrysler product. Mmmmmm Michael c hall. Weeds is good, I think 1-5 is on netflix. I've been watching hot in Cleveland too on Netflix. I was browsig today and saw that Power rangers is on Netflix now! I apologize for my lack of caps. I'm on my phone.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tv-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:75ed80a4-98f4-4bb4-b096-e3e94ba7013ePost:de1cd023-0ddf-4e65-b6c5-cfe13c18a6ac">Re: TV recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bside, I'm thankful you reminded me! I wouldn't say I'm a Whovian -- one of my brothers has been a big fan since we were little, which is why I remember that phone booth, TARDIS, and Tom Baker. I watched a couple of the Eccleston episodes a while back and I loved him so much that I stopped watching b/c I was sad he went away after one season. :) But that really is how the show works, and <strong>I hear nothing but good about Tennant</strong>, so I'm ready to dive back in. :) THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Not only that, but he's like, crazy sexy.

Fun fact: when he was in elementary school, he wrote an essay about how when he grew up, he wanted to play the Doctor. Talk about living a childhood dream, eh?

Fun fact Part 2: David Tennant's Doctor wears glasses because he wore them when he was a kid. So when he started as the Doctor, he gave him glasses so that kids who wear glasses would have a role model. D'aww.

• jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love The Tudors. I'm a big history person, so I'm sure that's parts of it. It also doesn't hurt that Jonathan Rhys Meyers is so easy on the eyes.

There is a lot of nudity and sex (just so you know, possibly watching it at work and all).

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tv-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75ed80a4-98f4-4bb4-b096-e3e94ba7013ePost:df82bbc3-d7f6-4ad0-b758-75859d97ec1b">Re: TV recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TV recommendations : I watched the first season of United States of Tara, then my mom cancelled the channel it was on (Showtime?). Now I really want to get back into it! I love Toni Collette!
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]
    Yea, Showtime. I watched the first season online, I forget how... but I fell in love with that sick show! Toni Collette is sooo good. I ended up renting a bunch of her movies between season realeases. Have you ever seen Muriel's Wedding? That was the first Toni movie I ever saw and I've been in love with her ever since.
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't really like cars either, but Top Gear is good. I actually prefer the American version. . . they're funnier. But both are good (FI makes me watch it).
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use Hulu for SNL and Modern Family. If you haven't heard of Modern Family you should definitely check it out :)
    White Knot
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    I have SVU, Nip/Tuck. Weeds, and Lie to Me in my instant queue. The only one of those I haven't seen suggested here is Lie to Me. I love it - it's about a deception expert, and I studied nonverbal communication in college so I found it really interesting.

Warning, though, it only has three seasons out and I heard that it is not coming back for a fourth :( Super sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards