Just Engaged and Proposals

If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh.....

OMG.. Hello fellow engaged women.. So today is my first day back to work since the big proposal, and boy oh boy am I so tired from all the celebrating, but I can't seem to stay focused. I'm on cloud nine, and can't get beyonce song and dance out of my mine..(Uh Uh Oh, LOL) because he really did put a ring on it.. All smiles this way... I'm still in shock, and love, love love telling the story of how he did so.. You can see some of the women faces when they look at the ring and listen to the story.. Hey, don't be mad at me because I had such an amazing Christmas, shouldn't have asked if you really didn't want to know about my holiday.. .. LOL.. Sooooo sooo happy.. I don't want to do anything but relax and talk about Weddings, weddings, weddings... LOL. Hope everyone is having an awesome day.... what are some of the responses you newly engaged women are getting from co workers etc. LOL.. I feel so blessed.. :-).. I love him sooooooo much.. Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh.....

• I have a vision in my mind's eye of how you're acting and I'd be mad at you not because you got engaged, but because you're showboating.

• Congrats!

I get you are happy, as you should be; but, if you are acting this way in real life please tone it down. Acting a fool (especially at work) because you got engaged is the beginning stages of bridezilla fever. Breathe before you lose friends or a job. Remember that planning a wedding is fun (to some degree), but no one wants to hear all about it all the time. Hopefully you shared your news and also asked people how their holiday was too (if not, start to do that now).  

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Today was my first day back to work as an engaged woman as well.  But I didn't bring it up with any coworkers.  They're all men and wouldn't understand what it feels like to be a newly-engaged woman, anyways!  One of them asked me about it when he came in to start his shift and we chatted a bit about the wedding date, if FI and I plan on moving due to his job, etc., but then got talking about other things, which I was completely fine with.  I'm sure you got lots of congratulations at work, but keep in mind, this is your engagement, and no one is going to be as excited about it as you and your FI are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_like-then-should-put-ring-uh-uh-oh-ohh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:23ff4a99-a6b0-4501-8d80-d8c8f7215cf1Post:ca508057-3ca9-4c05-ad44-3a823231fe3b">Re: If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a vision in my mind's eye of how you're acting and I'd be mad at you not because you got engaged, but because you're showboating.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

This.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hello All,

First I want to say I appreciate your comments and feedback.. and secondly I just want to clarify a few things.... It's not as it seems, and I apologize if I offended anyone or anything... After reading the post it did seem very snoody and it's not even like that.. Let me see how I can explain this.....  Ok, when I said  I'm still in shock, and love, love love telling the story of how he did so.  I'm not walking around boasting and bragging, it's not my style, besides who wants to hear that... Half of the people don't know about it, ( i have a pretty close relationship with 7 people out of 45 in my department... meaning those seven people specifically asked me to text them if i got a ring, and that was at the beginning of the year, so i did so, and those were the ones that asked me the story, etc ( those are the ones that we have been there for each other, they are more than just co workers in my eyes, they are true friends. they know my history..)... other situations are it just so happen that they look down at my hand and say, OMG, why didn't you tell me, or someone may ask me jokingly, hey did you get a ring for Christmas, and I say yep and then they say what happened, how did he do it.. so that's what I mean when I say i love telling the story..  Next line: You can see some of the women faces when they look at the ring and listen to the story..    I had all good reactions, and everyone was even more excited for me, and i think they were even more shocked at the ring selection.. ..I had one reaction that ask me all these questions, and you can see the jealousy in her face.. well her and I have a history of talking about weddings etc, but she is never happy for others, and i didn't throw anything in her face... some people are just like that for example: two years ago 2 of her cousins and 1 close friend of hers got engaged, and she said i'm happy for them, but when is my turn coming, or she critique  the entire thing (from their ring, to their wedding, to their groom and situation).. that's why i was hesitant to even talk to her about my christmas blessing. which leads to...   shouldn't have asked if you really didn't want to know about my holiday  Lastly,  I don't want to do anything but relax and talk about Weddings, weddings, weddings.. Yea, to my fiance and to my fellow engaged couples, not to anybody else.. he is more engaged in the entire thing etc... I know that people aren't as happy about your big moment as you are, and I'm def not the one to throw things in someone else face.. .. As i said before I appreciate your comments, I will def watch how i fraise things on my blogs. good day!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_like-then-should-put-ring-uh-uh-oh-ohh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:23ff4a99-a6b0-4501-8d80-d8c8f7215cf1Post:1651855d-3d9c-4891-b469-7d3ff4627983">Re: If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh..... : Do they seem mad? I would be careful about constantly talking about your wedding at work, especially if you are not inviting these people.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Nope none are mad, and i'm not walking around talking about my wedding, because I don't have anything planned. and I Probably will invite the few that I am close with.... Thanks for your post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_like-then-should-put-ring-uh-uh-oh-ohh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:23ff4a99-a6b0-4501-8d80-d8c8f7215cf1Post:ca508057-3ca9-4c05-ad44-3a823231fe3b">Re: If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a vision in my mind's eye of how you're acting and I'd be mad at you not because you got engaged, but because you're showboating.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Hi,

No i am not showboating. I explained my self in a previous message. I am very humble and reserved. As indicated only a hand few knows about it... Thanks for your comment. Good Day to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_like-then-should-put-ring-uh-uh-oh-ohh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:23ff4a99-a6b0-4501-8d80-d8c8f7215cf1Post:ada34f02-d2dc-43ab-b346-36e0059a13f3">Re: If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! I get you are happy, as you should be; but, if you are acting this way in real life please tone it down. Acting a fool (especially at work) because you got engaged is the beginning stages of bridezilla fever. Breathe before you lose friends or a job. Remember that planning a wedding is fun (to some degree), but no one wants to hear all about it all the time. Hopefully you shared your news and also asked people how their holiday was too (if not, start to do that now).  
    Posted by redheadfsu[/QUOTE]

Hi there,

I totally understand where you are coming from, and I respect your commnet. As indicated in a previous post, it's not as it seems. I know the way I wrote the post made it seem like I was acting snoody etc. but not even... I appreciate your advice and I will watch how I post things on my blogs so people wont's take things the wrong way.. And of course I asked them about their holiday.. when they asked me about mines, i didn't even say i got engaged.. i let them figure it out.. anyways, good day to you and yours..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_like-then-should-put-ring-uh-uh-oh-ohh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:23ff4a99-a6b0-4501-8d80-d8c8f7215cf1Post:89a71928-9aea-4b35-b639-7db9f895e92b">Re: If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today was my first day back to work as an engaged woman as well.  But I didn't bring it up with any coworkers.  They're all men and wouldn't understand what it feels like to be a newly-engaged woman, anyways!  One of them asked me about it when he came in to start his shift and we chatted a bit about the wedding date, if FI and I plan on moving due to his job, etc., but then got talking about other things, which I was completely fine with.  I'm sure you got lots of congratulations at work, but keep in mind, this is your engagement, and no one is going to be as excited about it as you and your FI are.
    Posted by KiloBravo7[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your comment. And that's kind of how my convos went as well... I didn't bring it up.. i let people ask me about it... Good day to you and yours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_like-then-should-put-ring-uh-uh-oh-ohh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:23ff4a99-a6b0-4501-8d80-d8c8f7215cf1Post:fa0826d5-af61-4984-bf2e-e9f29c7df2c3">Re: If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.. Uh Uh Oh Ohh..... : This.
    Posted by mymissingpuzzlepiece[/QUOTE]

Oh ok.. thanks, for your post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards