Florida-West Coast

Candy Buffet

Hello ladies!!! I'm planning on having a candy buffet at my reception. I got all of the jars that I needed.. I'm curious as to what type of containers to use for my guests? I want them to be large enough to take several pieces of the candy they like. But, I also don't want them to be H-U-G-E!! LoL..

For those of you who are having a candy buffet, or have seen them, what type of take away/favor boxes were used to take the candy home?

Thanks ladies!! Happy New Years!

Lynn

Re: Candy Buffet

• kmf218kmf218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding in June with a candy bar and she had hurricane vases and fish bowl type vases of different sizes. The candy matched her color scheme too it was really cute. What ever you chose make sure the hole is large enough for a hand or that you have a spoon or tongs long enough to reach the bottom. That was an issue she had with the vase with M&Ms lol She used plastic Chinese take out boxes that had a really pretty cherry blossom design on them. I think she bought them at the dollar store. I have also seen people use plastic baggies or small dessert boxes that you can buy at Michaels or Joann craft stores. Hope that was helpful.
    Happy New Year :)
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IKEA has some cute favor tins...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40064702

or even if you did little plastic bags for them to fill. Michaels has some cute ones for cheap and then throw a 40% off coupon on top of that
  • mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about those small Chinese carry out boxes?
  • jluvtank52jluvtank52 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recently used Let's Set a Date Co. candy buffet designers and event planners to customize a candy buffet for us. They travel throughout Florida and they do an AMAZING job. We found them on theknot..com, but also at www.myletssetadate.com and their email is letssetadate@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards