New Mexico

SANTA FE CONVENTION CENTER?

Has anyone visited the convention center in Santa Fe or considered it for a wedding?  I believe it's fairly new and possibly a good space to host a wedding reception, but their website doesn't have many pictures.  Thanks

Re: SANTA FE CONVENTION CENTER?

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure when you're wedding date is, but the Santa Fe Convention Center fills up VERY fast!!  I called them last summer for my wedding this August and they were full because that is a busy month for the city.  I would call them as soon as you can and talk to the lady that coordinates weddings to see if your date is available and then schedule a tour!!  I've heard that it is beautiful though because it's been newly renovated.

Best of Luck!
  • Ximena MXimena M member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does fill up fast.  I just gave up my space at the convention center.  July 2, 2011.  The main reason I did not go with them, was my first choice came available.  Although I must admit I was getting frustrated with getting any response from the sales staff their.  Which is typical for the area.  The cost is very reasonable, even before the local discount.  Be careful there are a lot of hidden things.  You can only use their list of caterers and alcohol servers.  They also require you to by insurance for alcohol and rent guards for the space.  The place is very clean and a beautiful setting.  Sorry I can't download the pics I took on my phone.  Like I said this was my second choice and I would have been very happy with it. 

Depending on  your budget I would also recommend Sunrise Springs.  Totally different, but very pretty. 

I went with Hyde Park Lodge.  Which is a much more informal space and fits our personalities perfectly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards