Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

A story fit for a princess!

I just discovered this engagement story board! I have been engaged less than a month, so I think it's ok to post!

I have always loved Princess Diana....since I was little...and currently, at the Mall of America in Minnesota, there is an exhibit displaying some of her possessions and, most importantly, her wedding dress.

My sister tipped my then-boyfriend, Chris, off to the idea of proposing there since he had been planning to ask me for awhile and was having her help him think of how to do it.

We both had a random weekday off of work and he suggested we go see the exhibit. I argued it was too expensive, even though I was DYING to see it, and he kept pushing, so I gave in and we went.

When we got there, it was not busy at all so we had the place mostly to ourselves. We walked through and I ooohed and ahhhed over all of her things and then...THEN...we entered the wedding room. That beautifully gawdy dress that the entire world watched on tv 5 years before I was even born was right there in front of me. The enormous train, the giant sleeves, everything! AHH! I was in awe. I walked super slow around it once and when I was finally ready to go, I turned to head out of the room. 

I felt a very shaky hand touch my shoulder and turn me around and as I did, he dropped to one  knee and took the ring out of his pocket and with his eyes totally full of tears and his voice cracking, he asked me to marry him. I OF COURSE said yes!

After hugs and kisses, we went through the rest of the exhibit and headed out into the mall, only to be called back because the PR unit of the mall was made aware of this proposal through a family friend and they had local TV news crews there and wanted to interview us! So we were on tv! It's on youtube even! Click here to see it!

It was the most perfect proposal from the most perfect guy and I cannot wait to have my own wedding day which will, in my eyes, be as grand as the beautiful Diana's was. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A story fit for a princess!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards