Ohio-Cleveland

Wanna be featured in The Knot Ohio magazine? Tell me your planning secrets!

Hey Cleveland-area Knotties!

We’re looking for some real Ohio Knotties to share their best planning tips and secrets to be featured in the next issue of The Knot Ohio!

So tell us: who has been the most helpful and fabulous vendor you've worked with so far? Which cake baker had the cake flavor that was to die for? Where did you find the most genius favors? What florist made your day? Which bridal salon went above and beyond to help you find your dress? We want to hear your raves about the people and vendors who are helping (or helped) your dream wedding come true – so that other brides can get in on the action too! This is a chance to really give props to local Ohio vendors, so tell us who you love and why!

Reply below :)

XOXO,
Knot Vi-An (Ohio editor)

Re: Wanna be featured in The Knot Ohio magazine? Tell me your planning secrets!

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are working with Hunter Harrison of Hunter Photographic for our wedding next summer.  He's been absolutely wonderful and extremely responsive and helpful. 

I also purchased both my wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses at Abbott's Bridal in Canton, OH.  Barb and the entire staff have been amazing and have made the entire process thus far very easy and fun!
  • edited December 2011
    We are holding our June wedding at Deluca's Place in the Park in Lorain... they have a beautiful outdoor pavilion and so far have been extremely accomedating.  Every little thing we asked to change was answered with "of course we can do that" or "no problem, we'd be happy to".  They are even setting up our ceremony spot on their grounds for us free of charge!  I'm really looking forward to working with them closer to the day.
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andy Fiala of AJF photography out of Akron has been amazing and reasonably priced.

We love Hillbrook Club.  They have been very accomodating thus far and the venue is gorgeous.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

We are working with Essence of Love Photography in Parma, OH. They are not very well known in the wedding industry...yet. It's a husband/wife business and they are amazing. So far, they have done our engagement and boudoir photos. They are professional, yet still a ton of fun to work with and the results are breath-taking.

• Megaphone2752Megaphone2752 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakes by Christina was fabulous! She was so easy to work with that I almost forgot about the cake until I saw it at our wedding. We just loved the way it looked and it tasted amazing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Responses in Purple
    So tell us: who has been the most helpful and fabulous vendor you've worked with so far?

Most definitely Wagners Country Inn in Westlake. We went to quite a few venues and Shirley Wagner welcomed us like family from the moment we first met with her! She offered us coffee and was so warm and friendly!!  Throughout the whole wedding planning experience Wagners put us first...not to mention the food is delicious.... like home-made! 

Which cake baker had the cake flavor that was to die for? Cleveland's best kept secret : Tapps Cake Emporium in Parma Ohio. Friendly and experienced! Plus they have cake tastings every Saturday! Chocolate Raspberry with Ganache is AMAZING!

Where did you find the most genius favors? My DJ at Kidd productions is making personalized cd's for all of the guests - so cool and something to treasure

What florist made your day?Lena at Highland Hts Floral is Great! Her arrangements have been featured in todays bride magazine. Her prices are fabulous too 

Which bridal salon went above and beyond to help you find your dress?Dora's in Fairview A++++

Dj : Kidd Productions - So friendly and professional ! Gus is truly a genius!

Photographer Maria Sharron: OhMyGoodness! Based on our engagement pictures alone I am already blown away by her work. Check out her site , but most importantly check out her flickr account!  My fiance spent 60 seconds on her site and immediately said "set up an appointment and lets book her ;) Absolutely stunning work .

We want to hear your raves about the people and vendors who are helping (or helped) your dream wedding come true – so that other brides can get in on the action too! This is a chance to really give props to local Ohio vendors, so tell us who you love and why! Reply below :) XOXO, Knot Vi-An (Ohio editor)
    Posted by Knot Vi-An[/QUOTE]
  • edited December 2011
    Fab ideas so far! Keep em coming...who's really someone special in the wedding biz and why do you love them?
  • jenandsean14jenandsean14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, I must say my day-of coordinator Becky from Rain Wedding Planning has been absolutely fab. She is absolutely someone special in the wedding industry. I started planning over a year ago, and my Mom and I were so overwhelmed with the endless to-do list. The original reason I hired her team was so that my Mom and I could really enjoy the day, and not be bogged down with vendors calling, trying to coordinate, and making all of our planning come out exactly how we wanted it. Originally, I didn't think I would be able to fit it into our budget, but she was wililng to work with me on the price and I ended up hiring her and her team.

One of the many reasons she is so wonderful is because I hired her for day of coordination only. She is so much more than that. She has helped me every step of the way, and we have already met a bunch of times to discuss where we are in the planning process and help with other vendors.

I honestly can't say enough great things about her and her team, they are the reason I am keeping my sanity throughout this process!
  • edited December 2011
    Who has been the most helpful and fabulous vendor you've worked with so far?
    Ross and Debbie at Italian Creations are lifesavers! They did our catering, linens, and bar. Their food is great. People especially raved about the foccacia bread and the gnocchi with roasted red pepper sauce. They do all the setup and are a well-oiled machine for a very good price.  

Which cake baker had the cake flavor that was to die for?
    Wild Flour in Rocky River! Our wedding cake was layers of almond and strawberry cakes with chocolate ganache and raspberry preserves as the fillings. DELIGHTFUL.

Where did you find the most genius favors?

I used Shutter Clutter for our photobooth at our reception. Karl and his wife own the company and were also the ones who came and monitored our booth. Kids and adults alike told me how much fun this was - we got the "prop box" full of funny hats and such and people really went to town with it. We have a ton of fun photos from little kids up to our Grandfather posing in crazy hats and goofing off. Karl was really nice and brought everything they needed. They were willing to print out extra copies of photostrips for people so that everyone got a copy. And their booth was extra-big (so you would often see 7+ people spilling out of it laughing).

What florist made your day?
    Tracy at Fresh Tendrils in Rocky River. I gave her a (tiny) budget for my reception and gave her total control over the flowers. She knew my colors and I gave her my vases and she did the rest. They were amazing!!! I cannot tell you how many compliments I got on the flowers! People were fighting over taking them home.

Which bridal salon went above and beyond to help you find your dress?
    I bought my dress at the Filenes "Running of the Brides" for $250 - It was a very cute Demetrios dress BUT it was a size 12...and I am more of a 4. I went to Juliannes in Olmsted falls and they did an AMAZING job altering the dress - it fit me like a glove and the price was great!

• turtle04kjturtle04kj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning an October 2012 wedding. The ceremony is going to be at Lake Metroparks Lakefront Lodge and the Reception will be held at St. Noel Banquet Center. Our cake is from Sweet beginnings in Downtown Willoughby. Our photographer is Ben Hall he is the photographer for the Lake Erie Monsters. I am also doing a lot of do it yourself projects to help cut costs and stay on budget. I got my dress at Bridal and Tuxedo Emporium in Willoughby. Everyone has been great with everything!
    Can't wait to marry my prince! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards