Flowers
Options

Suggestions please..

Hi everyone -

My BMs will be wearing eggplant colored dresses.  Does anyone have any suggestions for bouquets or did your girls wear a similar shade?  I don't know much about flowers so I don't know where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Suggestions please..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:14fc141a-6a25-4ae4-858d-eb877d14f418Post:325af3be-42a6-433c-8fbf-39997a59cd83">Suggestions please..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone - My BMs will be wearing eggplant colored dresses.  Does anyone have any suggestions for bouquets or did your girls wear a similar shade?  I don't know much about flowers so I don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    Posted by asummerly[/QUOTE]

I would probably do a white flower.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    What is your color scheme?  I am doing dark purple and lime green with touches of cream.  Your best bet would be to take a swatch of the fabric to your florist and they should be able to make suggestions as to what you could go with.  Also, the flowers do not have to match the dresses exactly...various shades of purple could go with the dress.

• Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had navy blue dresses with orange and bright yellow flowers.  The flowers just popped against the dresses.  For eggplant dresses, I would do pale buttery flowers with lots of greenery or maybe green hydrangeas.  If you go with in-season flowers, the costs will come down.  
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was having this same issue. I wanted white and purple flowers, with dark purple BM dresses. But I think it would be hard to match the shades, and it would bug me if they were off. :( I would suggest doing a whole different color maybe. Choose a complimenting color, don't try to match. Hope that helps...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards