June 2013 Weddings

Lunch or Dinner?

I have to choose between catering at Noon-3pm or 6pm - 9pm.  Simply put, I don't know what I want.  I'm having a Maine wedding by the ocean in a beautiful venue that overlooks the ocean.  Right now, I've reserved dinner because I needed to put something down to reserve my date, but I'm just going through logistics in my head.  I'm trying to stay to a tight 5k budget, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to do a cocktail hour, so I'll have to do the ceremony around 4pm.  I think that would be fine, but I honestly have no idea.

Any thoughts?

Re: Lunch or Dinner?

• If dinner works in your budget then I vote for idnner but you said you have a strict 5k budget and lunch tends to be cheaper so might hlelp you be able to stick within your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same here might do something different with our wedding.

• I voted lunch, because I'm a firm believer in staying in budget and making things stretch.

Good luck with your decision! There's a lot of them and they can get overwhelming at times, huh?

Julie

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I think I'm going to go with dinner! I'm a little nervous about making the call, but I have all sorts of ideas about decor that involves soft glowing lights, and I was hoping to do smores, as we have access to a fire pit, so I think I'm gonna take the plunge and committ to dinner.

As far as affording it, I think I can do it. We were quoted $1500 for 75 people. We're doing artisan pizza, salad and gelato. We're going to get fruit and rolls, as well, for a little extra. Because we looked for and found a catering solution that's a little non-traditional, we've saved money. We're a quirky couple, and I think this can work for us.

I was also thinking, because our venue is so beautiful, people will surely explore the area before the wedding and during, perhaps. I plan on devoting a page on our wedding website to area attractions and info, so hopefully, our guests will enjoy the day before our evening wedding.

Thank you so much for your input!

• I think by doing dinner you will get both the sun/sunset and the night. As I am sure you know in Maine and on the ocean that can be a magical time of the day! Goodluck I can only imagine how beautiful it will be!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I voted lunch- due to the strict budget.
    However if you can swing dinner- I would do that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards