Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What's your favorite cocktail?

Include name and ingredients!  We want to have two nice picture frames set up on the bar that say "Bride recommends" and "Groom recommends" and list a few special cocktails.  All the drinks cost the same no matter what is in them, so we want to encourage our guests to order something special and fancy instead of just a beer or rum and coke (of course they can get that too if they want!).  A lot of our friends order safe drinks at weddings or what they think is low cost, but we want to encourage them to try something special!  Thanks for your ideas!

Re: What's your favorite cocktail?

• Options
    I am curious as to how these will be the same price as verything else. Usually specialty drinks cost more.

That being said, my drink is Pimm's Cup:

2 ounces Pimm’s No. 17UP, lemon-lime soda, or ginger aleSlice of lemonSlice of cucumberPour the Pimm’s and 7UP into a chilled highball glass or metal cup over ice. Squeeze a slice of lemon well as you drop it in the glass; then stir gently and garnish with a cucumber slice.
  • Options
    No, it's open bar.  We want to communicate to our guests that we want them to get the best stuff, because it costs us the same regardless of what they get (without telling all our guests anything about money).  We're hoping that if we set the tone with a list of a few drinks that we recommend, they will either try something new or get the hint that we are comfortable with them ordering whatever.  Our friends are aware of costs and try to keep them down for the B&G usually, so they order what they think would be a lower cost drink (e.g. they order wine instead of a cocktail because they think it will cost the B&G less, but it costs the same to us, so we'd rather our guests get something they really want).  Does that make sense?  We plan to meet with the bartender to try some of her ideas as well, but I figured I'd start here and get your opinions on drinks.  I like the idea of bleu cheese stuffed olives.  I haven't had those before!
  • Options
    Oh I see now, the OP sounded to me like the guests were paying for it.

I think a few different drinks would be fun. I bet the bartender will have some good ideas too. Are they any local favorites you could incorporate?
  • Options
    pretzelgrrlpretzelgrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Try this website
    http://www.drinksmixer.com/ -- It's fun i use it once in a while

Two of my faves-

Bottom of Form

Blue Hawaiian (we are going to Maui for honeymoon so we are including this one) 3/4 oz light rum
    3/4 oz vodka
    1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
    3 oz pineapple juice
    1oz sweet and sour mix Combine ingredients an mix well. If serving with ice mix the ingredients in a blender
    Also-
    Scarlett O'Hara
    2 oz Southern Comfort® peach liqueur
    6 oz cranberry juice
    lime wedge

Pour 2 oz. Southern Comfort over ice in an 8 oz. glass. Fill with cranberry juice. Squeeze one wedge of lime into drink. Stir and serve.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards