Canada-Ontario

Money Boxes in Toronto - Where to Buy?

Hi Everyone,

Can any of you recommend a good place to buy a money box?? I'm not looking for anything elaborate but something quirky and different. I was thinking of making my own but decided not to becuase I don't really have the time. Any inspiration? Ie. what did you do your money box?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Money Boxes in Toronto - Where to Buy?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked my very eager BM to make it, lol. PIB

There are some really cute ones on etsy.com. Check Craigslist too... if you're lucky, you might encounter a bride trying to get rid of a nice one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • mel_o_dellmel_o_dell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've actually seen them for rent if that interests you.  Cheaper way to do it so you aren't stuck with it after.
  • Stephk08Stephk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're just looking for something cheap-ish, go to Michaels with one of their 40% off couupons (they always come in the flyers)...they dont have a massive selection, but hey, it's a box! I also had grand plans of making my own, but at this point I just don't have the time (or the patience! lol)

I also agree with ring_pop, look on Kijiji and Craigslist, I know I've seen a few on there.
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could make one for far cheaper than buying on, and that would be a one evening project.  Coupons from Michael's would make it even cheaper.

But for buying, the ideas the other have suggested are all I've got.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Party Supply Depot at Steeles & Yonge in Thornhill
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made my own for $40, but it was destroyed after the wedding because I didn't put a hole in the bottom to get out the cards - oops.  DH's parents were in charge of putting all the envelopes in their hotel room safe mid-reception, and I never saw it again!
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding planner lent us one - it was basically just a small vintage style suitcase that was open for cards! I think you could find something at Homesense to use! They also had them at bag store I mentioned on here a while ago...Creative Bags on Danforth. I love the idea of using a vintage birdcage!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Shandy10Shandy10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at Party Packagers (it was on clearance because it's a 25th wedding anniversary box).  I went to the fabric store and bought some padding and pretty silver fabric.  I plan on covering the box and then putting a ribbon on it.  It won't take much time and I am creatively inclined like that. 

I had a bit of an issue spending much more on the money box given it's purpose and reusability, so that was my creative compromise.  I am covering the guest book in the same fabric

(chrome to match myfiance's favourite color)
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Creative Bag has some for $14.95 and 10.95.  They are plain white with white flower pattern on it but you simply add a bow and bling and voila.  I think that's what I am going to end up doing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards