zsuziezzsuziez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow dont  all talk at once lol
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    This is a weird question to post on the not engaged yet board, why are you asking?

• Options
    zsuziezzsuziez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im not engaged yet. just wondering how much people spend

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Chill out it's sunday - there aren't a whole lot of people around on the weekends.

Budget for what? A ring? That varies a lot from couple to couple but when H and I were looking our budget was $1500 or less
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh? Engagement ring budget? I have no idea, thats up to my BF but everything I've shown him is under $1,000

• Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Budget for what? Spend on what? Rent? Mortgage? Groceries? Wedding? Engagement ring?

Oh well - the answer is the same for all: Bigger than a breadbox, smaller than a house.

(As in - all expenses vary depending on personal tastes, cost of living in your area, etc.) 

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everyone will have had a different budget...although I'm still not sure what budget you're talking about (wedding, dress, ring, house, groceries, entertainment...the possibilities are endless). Also, what you get for the money varies regionally. I would suggest you make friends with Google, it should be able to tell you what things in your area cost, and what people typically spend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A ring budget? Anywhere between 0 (just skipping the ring or a heirloom ring) and 1,000,000,000,000.

A hampster budget? 0 (if you get a free one from a friend or something) and $20 at a really cool pet store. Maybe more for an extra special one.

Or maybe you're looking for Obama's budget? See cnn.

When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    *crosses fingers* please don't come back, please don't come back..
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    JordyanaJordyana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How old are you?

2. Do you know the difference between a message board and instant messaging?

3. You're starting to weird me out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:49845f7b-278b-429a-a0fe-73a12dfdfcb7Post:cf706e71-84ad-44cf-9975-38b5207d45ec">Re:!!!!!!!!!BUDGET?!**********</a>:
    [QUOTE]*crosses fingers* please don't come back, please don't come back..
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

<div>Having just taken a quick glimpse at her other 5 posts, I'm going to be agreeing with this.  Sheesh.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:49845f7b-278b-429a-a0fe-73a12dfdfcb7Post:11489498-fbd6-4301-ae31-3ca84348f858">Re:!!!!!!!!!BUDGET?!**********</a>:
    [QUOTE] Do you know the difference between a message board and instant messaging?
    Posted by Jordyana[/QUOTE]

This is <strong>exactly</strong> what BF said when I told him about the OP.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hello???? OP, anyone there???

hypocrite...

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????

&&&&&&&&&&&

$$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    !!!!!!this seemed very important?!******

i plan on spending $5k. i want an ice sculpture of myself and BF making love, a horse drawn carriage than we can have someone let doves go as we have are first kiss. $5,000 should cover it, right????????? i mean that should shouldn't cost alot.

oh!!!! you meant ring??????!?!***** well I don't care how much BF spends as long as it's AT LEAST 3 carrots.nething less and I will throw it in his face.
  • Options
    luvdncn90luvdncn90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well jeez OP, don't answer all of our questions at once!!!!

You're kind of awkward.
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OMG GURLS!!! I HAV BEN WUNDERIN THIS SAME THING BC MY WEDDING IS IN LESS THEN 8 MONTS AND WE HAF TO SET A BUGET! SOMEONE HURRY AND TELL ME WUT WE SHOULD SPEND!!!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This post was funny. Now back to my regularly scheduled internet. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    zsuziezzsuziez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol i meant budget for a wedding

and gee sorry i didnt sit here waiting for your responses guys :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to weddings where the budget was around $2,000 and I've been to weddings where the budget was $150,000. My budget is somewhere inbetween :)

It just depends on what you and your FI can afford. Never depend on money from anyone else, until the check has cleared.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    zsuziezzsuziez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow $150,000! It must have been beautiful i just couldnt spend that much

im with you, somewher ein between

:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was gorgeous. But, so was the $2,000 wedding. Just gorgeous in different ways. The expensive wedding was in a hotel with passed appetizers, and gorgeous flowers, and the brides dress was amazing. The less expensive wedding was held in someone's backyard, and the flower girls were flowers in their hair, and it was really laid back and everything was elegently understated. So, I think it depends on the bride and grooms taste.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    JordyanaJordyana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:49845f7b-278b-429a-a0fe-73a12dfdfcb7Post:0744923c-c8eb-48ba-93c4-f0ec8cdcb587">Re:!!!!!!!!!BUDGET?!**********</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol i meant budget for a wedding and gee sorry i didnt sit here waiting for your responses guys :P
    Posted by zsuziez[/QUOTE]

Dear OP,

I hope you realize they were poking fun because you posted THREE TIMES when you started this thread asking for people to respond.

Sincerely,
    Captain Obvious
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Somewhere between 35-45k. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The average American wedding budget is about $28,000. I've seen it quoted anywhere from $20,000-$30,000, but 28 is the most common number given.
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    OP, honestly, It is rather tacky to ask that question. One's budget depends entirely on what one can afford at their particular station in life. And as Ember pointed out, a low price tag doesn't preclude a wedding from being wonderful, lovely, and special. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:49845f7b-278b-429a-a0fe-73a12dfdfcb7Post:8d43c385-1b43-43bb-a7d7-9d6c4f782fab">Re:!!!!!!!!!BUDGET?!**********</a>:
    [QUOTE]OP, honestly, It is rather tacky to ask that question.
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I think if there's one place it's NOT tacky to ask about other folks' wedding budgets, it's on a wedding planning forum.

My budget was between $10,000-$11,000. Our wedding was fairly simple, but we got everything we wanted (including a day-of coordinator and fabulous food & cake), and had a great time. Several people told me it was elegant but not overdone. I'm happy with that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:49845f7b-278b-429a-a0fe-73a12dfdfcb7Post:5187b604-27fd-4496-80e3-27d0554519fc">Re:!!!!!!!!!BUDGET?!**********</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!BUDGET?!********** : I don't know, I think if there's one place it's NOT tacky to ask about other folks' wedding budgets, it's on a wedding planning forum.
    Posted by jeanacorina[/QUOTE]
    I guess I shoulda said <em>in my opinion</em> I think it is tacky. Sowwy Jeana <3 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards