Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding Songs

My fiance and I have decided to have a girl from our church sing in our wedding. I am having a problem finding songs for her to sing and when to sing them. any ideas?

Re: Wedding Songs

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this an experienced adult, or really a girl?  I ask because if this is an adult, she likely has a repertoire of solos she uses.  If a girl, she may have a list as well, but you may want to discuss possible selections with the Church's music director.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

One of my friends is singing during our ceremony, and right now the song we've got picked out is Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee...she's been practicing it but is also going to check with her voice instructor what ideas she has.
    She will do her solo while we are signing our marriage license.

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about the Lord's Prayer?  There are so many different versions of that out there, so many nice ones to choose from.

Other common wedding solos (depending on her age and voice level) are Ave Maria, Panis Angelicus, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, Bist du Bei Mir, Laudate Dominum, Be Thou My Vision.
  • lauraf1202lauraf1202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also "In This Very Room", which is a favorite of mine.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:79340e02-6247-414b-b969-54f538139710Post:faae8a6d-b0c3-4f8b-9086-db911dd71829">Re: Wedding Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about the Lord's Prayer?  There are so many different versions of that out there, so many nice ones to choose from. Other common wedding solos (depending on her age and voice level) are Ave Maria, Panis Angelicus,<strong> Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring</strong>, Bist du Bei Mir, Laudate Dominum, Be Thou My Vision.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

Ooh yes love this one!  We might walk out to this
  • edited December 2011
    thanks too all of y'all for the ideas. Lisa she is 18 years old and in college with a singing major.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards