Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Makeup appt time

My mua needs to change my appt time from 10:30 to 8:30.  I don't know if that's too early to have my makeup done.  The ceremony isn't until 2:30 and reception 6.  I know it's only two hours different but I'm worrying about my makeup wearing off sooner.  Is that too many hours or do you think that would be ok?  What time did you get your make up done before?

TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Makeup appt time

• Options
    Why is she changing your appointment 4 days before your wedding? Does it conflict with your hair appointment at all? I would ask why she's changing and see if she can leave it where it is.  If your getting traditional make up and not air brushed I would be concerned about needing a touch up before the ceremony. Air brushed makeup generally last longer and wouldn't be such a big deal.

I got my makeup done after my hair at 12. So I guess I was all ready around 1:30 for a 5pm wedding.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Her other job needs to her to somewhere at the same time as my appt and she has a contract with them so she can't break it.  I'll be having airbrush.  She has an assistant hat does it but I'm never seen her work so I don't know if I want to go with her and I just don't know if I can fit an a trial with her this week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started my hair/makeup at 2:00 for a 7:00 ceremony (although I had to be ready at 4:00 for the reveal).  That seems awfully early but only you can decide if you want to use the assistant or not.  But if my MUA had wanted to do my makeup at 10:00 on the morning of my wedding, I think I would have looked for an alternative.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards