Ohio-Columbus

I BOOKED MY VENUE!

Sooo excited! We went to the Gahanna Sanctuary open house last night and it was everything I'd hoped for and more! It's just perfect for our budget and for the vision I have of our wedding! Christy was sooo helpful and nice! She is even letting me have "wiggle room" with our deposit and letting us save our date! We are officially on for September 22, 2012!!!! Everything feels so real now and I am getting super anxious!

Re: I BOOKED MY VENUE!

• So exciting!  Congrats!
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is wonderful news!!  We visted there as well, and it has a lot of charm to it.  Congrats!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Congrats! We're about 90 percent set on the gahanna sanctuary too! (however, a couple weeks ago we were 90 percent set on the anthenaeum).
  • LOL, we looked at the Anthenaeum but it wasn't really good for our budget and we didn't like all the restrictions. We are very laid back people so the sanctuary is a perfect fit for us :)

• Congratulations!!!  I love the charm of your venue and the flexability.  Our wedding is September 8th at Tall Timbers.  I am also a budget bride and would love to share ideas, 
  • We have friends who were married at Tall Timbers last year...the fireplace created a great ambiance! So far my biggest help for budgeting has been RESEARCH, research, and more research. I have shopped around sooo much to find the best deals on everything from a caterer to china to tablecloths! My second thing has been utilizing my resources! I have a friend who just graduated college with a photography degree so she is doing our pics...FI has a cousin who is an officiant. I am not very crafty but I am going to attempt to make my own cake topper, guest book, and napkin rings. Dollar tree is where i am getting 90% of my centerpiece stuff. I could go on for days! You can private message me with any questions or if you have some ideas and suggestions for me!!!

• The gahanna santuary would be a lot better than the athenaeum we booked with the athenaeum and we would have had to have the dj shut down early so we did not face any charges, pay 300 dollars because we did not use their vendors and pay a lot more money, we left the athenaeum and lost the 1000 dollar deposit but we are still saving about 6-7 thousand dollars and getting more of what we want. 
  • Everything I read about the Athenaeum said they were very uptight and there were way too many restrictions. I have known from day one that I didn't want someone telling me the whens, wheres, and hows of MY wedding. The Sanctuary is the perfect fit and I knew from the moment I first looked on their website!
  • I am getting married at the Gahanna Sanctuary too! (10-12-12) I knew as soon as I found it that the flexibility was perfect, the price was right, and the ambience was exactly what I had been dreaming of. I grew up in Cincy, and there are just a lot more historic buildings/churches there. I grew up attending a big beautiful gothic church that was almost 200 years old. As soon as I saw those art glass windows I was head over heels, scared to death it would bust my budget. When I learned it was not only affordable, but discounted on Fridays and Sundays, (we are getting married on a friday, score!) and would let us bring in what ever vendors we liked with zero additional fees, I booked immediately! And as not only a budget bride, but a repeat offender, (I have been marrried twice before, ugh!) I have tons of ideas. PM me if you want suggestions or to exchange ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards