Wedding Woes
Options

That's not how the day was supposed to go (long)

My mom came over this morning so I could go to the dermatologist.  When I walked in the door she said she was calling my dad to come get her because she felt awful- pain starting at the spine and radiating into the underrib area, massive, cramps, body aches, and vomitting.  I told her I'd take her home.  Knowing she lives in a smallish town and hates the hospital there I also asked her if she wanted to go to the ED here.  She said no.  She'd called the family doc. 

So I pack up the kids and we start heading for mom's house (50ish minutes).  30 mins in she starts vomitting.  I'm on the phone to the doc, trying to drive, and listening and smelling her was making me want to lose it too.  Thank jeebus I held on.  

Doc said he'd call back so I dropped mom at home and went to McD's drive thru.  As I'm sitting in line a kid leans out of the truck in front of me and starts vomitting!  What the hell?  I barely got out of the car when mom said she needed to go to the ED.

She got taken right back and she tried to send us home.  No way was I leaving her with nobody else there.  So we ate lunch in the waiting room.  My dad finally got there and we waited some more.  He finally kicked us out so now we're home.

They've done xrays, blood, and urine (which I guess was very dark).  No diagnosis yet.  My brother was going to call and talk to the docs to find out what's up.

Re: That's not how the day was supposed to go (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards