Flowers

Help! Which online bulk wholesaler do we use?

We are trying to save money and want to makeour our centerpieces.

Originally, I had planned on using bunchesdirect- but I just googled them and saw less than stellar reviews. Is fiftyflowers any better or worth the extra cost?

If it makes a difference, we were planning on ordering hydrangeas and roses.

Thanks!
115 Invited image
73 Accepted image
37 Declined image
5 Are MIA image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! Which online bulk wholesaler do we use?

• I'm planning on using Sam's Club.  The price is GREAT (doing all roses), and FI has a membership, so there isn't the 10% non-member fee.  Just looked at Fiftyflowers, and for 25 of my Black Magic roses, they want $79.99, Sam's Club wants $93.56 for 125 stems.  Definitly going with SC on the flowers. 

I'm not taking the same route I've heard a lot of people have been though, I'm not buying the "wedding packs" they have on there, just the flowers, and then I'm going to put them together myself.  ^^  HTH!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We will use Costco for bulk roses. 
  • Do you have a Sam's Club or Costco membership? I ordered the white rose wedding package from Costco, but also fresh flowers in bulk.

Most Costco stores have floral kiosks with various flowers arranged in bouquets. I approached our local store's customer service desk and inquired into the name and phone number for the person locally who fills it. They gave me her name & phone number. I called her and she said she could get all the types of bulk flowers on their website, plus some others. She told me to call about 3 weeks before the wedding.

I ordered 96 white vendella roses, 80 stems of white asiatic lillies and 2 large bunches of baby's breath. I picked them on the Wednesday before our Saturday wedding, and they were in large buckets, ready to go. The total cost was $173. There was one bunch of roses that didn't look that great, so I left them with the florist, didn't have to pay for them. I took them home and took care of them as she instructed, put them in the cooler basement (it was last August), and they were lovely for weeks after the wedding.

I'm not sure if Sam's Club has a similar arrangement with local florists. I thought I had a secret source, like a drug dealer, LOL,  but when I picked them I asked her and she said she provides flowers in this manner for up to 18 weddings a week in the summer. So it's common, at least at our Costco.

You can feel better about it because you actually see what you are getting, and it's not mailed to you in boxes but arranged neatly in buckets with water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards